HTDAAB pre sales - looking good

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
The new album has moved up to #6 more than a month before its release on Amazon! This is amazing. So my question now is, do these sales count towards week one? How are they factored in?

Yes, these pre-orders count for the first week sales (granted that they're also shipped in that first week). Because only when they're being shipped are they scanned, thus adding to the total sales. SoundScan is tracking online shops like Amazon for a while now.

Popmartijn said:
Yes, these pre-orders count for the first week sales (granted that they're also shipped in that first week). Because only when they're being shipped are they scanned, thus adding to the total sales. SoundScan is tracking online shops like Amazon for a while now.

Cool. I figured, but wasn't sure. Thanks.

Is there anyway to get any numbers with regards to how many copies have actually been pre-ordered so far?

tkramer said:
Still at #4...!!!!!!!! How is this album selling like this a month before street date?!

Makes me think with the pre-sale so high for so long that quite possibly we may have a HUGE first week sale and may in fact get a no. 1. I would be very surprised if it debuted lower than No. 3 with the pre-sales like this. ATYCLB pre-sales weren't this good for this long if memory serves.

Up to #3 today with 29 days to go. It would be cool if they could hit the top spot and keep it for the last couple weeks before the release and then for sometime after it as well. Keep going boys!

AussieU2fanman said:
it might go Platinum before even hitting the stores! :hyper:

LOL. Wishful thinking. Would be very cool. But for all we know it could be selling anywhere from a hundred to a few thousand copies a day. There's no real way to know. Even if it sold 5000 copies a day, which is probably VERY unlikely, that would only be 150k in the next month. Nowhere near platinum. I'm guessing it could rack up around 50 thousand or so in presales and my guess is still 500 to 550k for first week sales.

womanfish said:

LOL. Wishful thinking. Would be very cool. But for all we know it could be selling anywhere from a hundred to a few thousand copies a day. There's no real way to know. Even if it sold 5000 copies a day, which is probably VERY unlikely, that would only be 150k in the next month. Nowhere near platinum. I'm guessing it could rack up around 50 thousand or so in presales and my guess is still 500 to 550k for first week sales.

I'd be thrilled for 50K, but no one really knows. My thoughts for starting the thread in the first place was that this is a pretty good gauge of anticipation for the new release. I mean, how many unreleased albums are in the top 10? Only one.

tkramer said:

I'd be thrilled for 50K, but no one really knows. My thoughts for starting the thread in the first place was that this is a pretty good gauge of anticipation for the new release. I mean, how many unreleased albums are in the top 10? Only one.

Yeah, very true. It's awesome to see them up there. I'm just someone that doesn't want to get their hopes up to high and be dissapointed. :) I still want to find some way to see if we can get the sales info from Amazon.

I agree, go album go!!

Back
Top Bottom