HTDAAB nearly 1 year old

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
ok so its been out a year do we have any offical fiqures on how many copies HTDAAB has sold in 1 year? and how does it compare to other u2 albums? i am talking worldwide sales and not just UK or US

andyuk said:
ok so its been out a year do we have any offical fiqures on how many copies HTDAAB has sold in 1 year? and how does it compare to other u2 albums? i am talking worldwide sales and not just UK or US

HTDAAB has sold over 9 million copies worldwide. I still think that it is under 9.5 million copies though, while others think that it has achieved 10 million in sales now. There is no official figure though for the entire world. What we do have are sales results from the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, Brazil, and a few other places. These figures show the album has indeed sold/shipped at a minimum, 9 million copies.

ATYCLB sold 10 million copies in its first year. It has sold a little over 12 million to date.

Best Of 1990-2000 has sold over 5 million copies worldwide to date.

Best of 1980-1990 has sold over 17 million copies worldwide to date.

POP has sold over 6 million copies worldwide to date, 5.5 million in its first year.

Zooropa has sold over 7 million copies worldwide.

Achtung Baby has sold over 17 million copies worldwide, 10 million of that in its first year.

Rattle And Hum has sold over 13 million copies worldwide, 7.5 million in its first year.

Joshua Tree has sold over 28 million copies worldwide, 14 million copies in its first 10 months of release.

Wide Awake In America has sold over 2 million copies worldwide

The Unforgettable Fire has sold over 7 million copies worldwide, 3 million in the first year of release.

Under A Blood Red Sky has sold over 8 million copies worldwide, 1 million in the first year of release.

WAR has sold over 7 million copies worldwide, 1.5 million in the first year of release.

October has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide, 200,000 in the first year of release.

Boy has sold over 2.5 million copies worldwide, 200,000 in the first year of release.

U2 has now sold over 145 million albums worldwide.

STING2,

Those figures look pretty good to me : 145 million is the best overall figure i can think of also &, yes, HTDAAB must have now reached the 9 million (sales to consumers) mark. Of course we spend months arguing about the exact figures for each album...so i'm not gonna start now. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom