How Many Countries will NLOTH be No.1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
32... no U.S.

Is there something else coming out that week to compete with NLOTH? :confused:

If this were the holiday season, where the top albums could easily sell 400-900K copies, and numerous new releases come out each week, I'd say you could be right.

However, at this time of year, sometimes 100K is enough to top the charts. Unless there's a big new release coming that same week, I think U2 should be easily able to get #1 in the U.S.

Is there something else coming out that week to compete with NLOTH? :confused:

If this were the holiday season, where the top albums could easily sell 400-900K copies, and numerous new releases come out each week, I'd say you could be right.

However, at this time of year, sometimes 100K is enough to top the charts. Unless there's a big new release coming that same week, I think U2 should be easily able to get #1 in the U.S.

My bad... I thought that Eminem's album was coming in the same week. When I saw that I was wrong I forgot to edit my post. I mean, I'm not wrong yet, cause Eminem's release date isn't confirmed yet. If Eminem's debuting at the same week I can see him easily topping the charts. But I doubt Universal will waste a #1 spot releasing both at the same week.

As far as I know, there's no official release date for Eminem's Relapse yet.

I think we shouldn't trust on those sites. What matters is Universal's annoucement confirming it. I doubt those albums are not coming, at least, two weeks apart.

I heard the middle of next month for Eminem. u2 might get shafted chart position wise if they went head to head.

I think it will top UK chart for 1 week, & probably 25-30 others around the world, not sure about USA though.

Eminem is released on April 27th. The only challenge to U2 in the next few weeks is Kelly Clarkson, and it's likely she will be #1 and U2 #2 in NLOTH's second week.

So we can expect to see a 10th UK#1 and 7th US #1

Not bad at all! :)

If NLOTH's sales are as frontloaded as HTDAAB then Clarkson should come out ahead that week, but I feel like most people who are interested have the single and buy the next ringtone hit when it comes out individually, this should be more successful than her last release (because she relented and went back to poppy, letting the industry make the music for her production) but more people are interested in getting U2's album as a whole than buying it in singles, NLOTH might not burst through the gate like the Bomb because Boots hasn't been as popular but with the promo kicking into gear and its fanbase it should last the year if we get some good promotion of the following singles, tour and likely Grammy wins.

theyve really promoted themselves in the UK this week on BBC. initial sales should be huge they couldnt have done any more. seems like theyve been gettin vertigo and beautiful day out in favour of the new stuff tho with the radio1 live lounge and BBC house performances. maybe the band think the new songs arent strong enough?

bono refered to chris martin as being a wanker on the radio1 interview, not sure if it was meant jokingly but after all the good stuff theyve done this week, a newspaper this morning was having a go at bonos comment. might this hurt album sales, put coldplay hardcore fans off buying it?

i can see 2nd week sales in US for NLOTH being very strong, with the upcoming promotion over the next week, still think they will lose out to kelly for #1 though. but 3rd week who knows

Considering this U2 album is unlikely to have any hits, the sales will be pretty front loaded before leveling off once the tour comes to the United States. Clarkson just had a #1 single and should have no problem dominating for quite some time. Her first week will at least double U2's second week sales.

Considering this U2 album is unlikely to have any hits, the sales will be pretty front loaded before leveling off once the tour comes to the United States. Clarkson just had a #1 single and should have no problem dominating for quite some time. Her first week will at least double U2's second week sales.

I belive that Magnificent and Crazy Tonight WILL be future radio hits!

Back
Top Bottom