Get On Your Boots - chart watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fna692002

The Fly
Thought Id start a thread for GOYB seeing as it is released to radio. We can post chart updates and such and see if it becomes a hit for U2.

Looking good so far in the US.

NLOTH is currently #1 on iTunes and #1 on Amazon.com as well! That's pretty crazy for a CD that doesn't get released for 6 weeks!

GOYB is at #39 and also at #67 (because people are downloading it off the regular and deluxe editions).

So taking into account the multiple formats it's probably in the top 30 right now on iTunes which is great for only being released for 26 hours!
:up:

It'll be at least another week before we see how it did on radio.

I think that the release on Itunes should have been delayed a week or two. After the song had been on radio for a couple weeks the casual fan would have been more aware of the release and would have made GOYB number one on Itunes and coupled with increased airplay would have given them a shot at a top ten debut.

a question for you: what do you think about the impact that GOYB will have on the Us radio?More or Less than Vertigo?Thanx...

I am not really an expert, sorry! Most of the top songs being played in America right now are crap. We've got Britney Spears and Lady Gaga in the Top 10 right now :|

I would say from what I have seen of the charts, this song is automatically going to shoot to the top in the Triple A format just because it's U2. The only problem is that's a pretty small number of stations. It should do ok in the Hot AC (Hot Adult Contemporary) and who knows beyond that. A lot of it depends on the video too, and how big that is on MTV and VH1 and also I think the subject matter of the video will be important in making the song "cool" because people are gonna hear that "Sexy boots" and "Get on your boots" line and be a bit confused...:wink:

Vertigo hit #31 in the US (although I have heard that if they had included digital downloads during that time, it would have been in the top 20 or higher). My gut feeling is Boots won't be a top 20 hit but top 30 is probably likely. That's just a gut feeling though, I really have no idea!

Watch this website for the radio numbers in different radio station formats...

�R&R - Radio & Records, Inc.

If you see this song doing really well in Hot AC airplay that's a sign that it could start to get played on Top 40, "Current Hits Radio" stations which would mean lift-off!

Hope that helps a little bit!

a question for you: what do you think about the impact that GOYB will have on the Us radio?More or Less than Vertigo?Thanx...

Its a much different climate from when Vertigo came out to really follow that success into Boots. Still when Vertigo hit, I wasnt sure how all the Green Day fans and Kelly Clarkson fans would react, but the power of the Ipod commerical really hooked alot of people, and it became a massive hit on modern rock and mainstream, crossed over to top 40, and this is without Downloads being counted towards the charts (they started like a month later, which even than Vertigo saw a big leap)

Boots is catchy no doubt, but for alot of people its not that instant love, which in this day and age could be a nail in its coffin. Time is the only thing that will really tell if this catches on. U2 have has no presense on radio since prolly Saints/WITS back in 06, so Boots in a way is a introduction to U2 for alot of new radio listeners and such. NLOTH is #1 on Itunes right now and Boots is #36 on the hot 100 in Itunes. When I look at just the top 40 I see alot of acts that were not even around at the time when Saints was big on Itunes, which to me shows that U2 have staying power.

All in all its gonna be a fun couple months seeing how well the public reacts to U2 V 3.0 as I would call it.

All in all its gonna be a fun couple months seeing how well the public reacts to U2 V 3.0 as I would call it.

I'd call it U2 v4.5

As for the single... Coldplay got to #1 with Viva La Vida but I think that was on the back of the iTunes advert. Top 30 is my guess. In more civilised countries :wink: it will at least do top 5.

Maybe the wrong thread to tell this but here in Holland GOYB is not very well received yet. Critics says it sounds to much like Vertigo and even on older material.

How is it received yet in other countries like UK and espacially US?

an interesting article on Billboard about radio play of GOYB - number 1 in Eire, 4 in the UK etc I would attach it but not sure how to ? Mike

Maybe the wrong thread to tell this but here in Holland GOYB is not very well received yet. Critics says it sounds to much like Vertigo and even on older material.

How is it received yet in other countries like UK and espacially US?

Very well seemingly in the UK, as i said in another thread DJ's seem to be enjoying it, and when they have said txt in, everyone apart from maybe 1 or 2 have been positive,

I think this could took off when its performed live on the brits.

Here's the article: "Worldwide Radio Goes Crazy For New U2"

U2's new single, "Get on Your Boots," scored massive audience numbers throughout Europe and the United Kingdom on its debut day of radio airplay yesterday (Jan. 19), according to Nielsen Music Control.

Arriving on the second day of the airplay-monitoring week, the new single shot straight to No. 1 on Ireland's airplay chart and No. 4 in the U.K., with total audiences of two million and 12.5 million respectively.

The song also fared well in Germany (78 million), Italy (11 million) and Austria (10 million), despite arriving near the end of the European monitoring week. Belgium and Holland showed a promising start with respective audiences of 3.5 and 2.6 million.

In the United States, "Boots" received 529 total spins, according to Nielsen BDS. KYSR-Los Angeles played it 24 times, while KENZ-Salt Lake City was second with 18.

Worldwide Radio Goes Wild For New U2

It got 529 spins in one day. If that rate holds it's on pace for 3,703 plays in the first week, which could actually be pretty promising start.

Right now Boots is #22 and #39 on the Itunes hot 100 chart. Obviously some people are getting it from the normal album and some from the deluxe edition hence the two placings.

^So... if there were only one version available, GOYB probably would be in the top 10...

Probably yes. It was a smart move releasing GOYB to Itunes the day it hit radio, and not Feb 15th or whatever U2.com said. If GOYB can start to make a dent in Modern rock radio, combined with downloads, it will make a hot 100 debut no doubts. Saints got to #51 based on pretty much downloads alone, so Boots should be able to soon.

Itunes Canada
Deluxe NLOTH sits at # 1
Normal NLOTH sits at #2

Get On Your Boots sits at #1 and also #11

any update from top 100 songs - itunes Usa?
and a question...we can see now 2 "Get on your boots" on Itunes chart (from normal and deluxe version of No Line, right?)...but when Billboard will count the downloads?They'll consider together the downloads?

now #4 and #5 in rock chart on Itunes...
go go sexy boots!

any update from top 100 songs - itunes Usa?
and a question...we can see now 2 "Get on your boots" on Itunes chart (from normal and deluxe version of No Line, right?)...but when Billboard will count the downloads?They'll consider together the downloads?

now #4 and #5 in rock chart on Itunes...
go go sexy boots!

17 and 37 now

And yes Billboard will include both

Its #19 and 36 on Itunes USA. I have been hearing it on radio a bit more as well. I'm sure someone will post all its stats on radio when it hits

Its #19 and 36 on Itunes USA. I have been hearing it on radio a bit more as well. I'm sure someone will post all its stats on radio when it hits

ok!
a question for you (and sorry for my bad english...):in Usa, what kind of radio stations (i consider the format: triple a, rock, active rock, alternative ecc.) GOYB could break?

ok!
a question for you (and sorry for my bad english...):in Usa, what kind of radio stations (i consider the format: triple a, rock, active rock, alternative ecc.) GOYB could break?

I think the song will do well on the Modern and Mainstream Rock Charts. The Hot 100 is a combined chart that is normally used to dertimine the success of a song. U2 has only had two number 1 songs on the US Hot 100 and both were from Joshua Tree. U2 however have had many number 1s on the various Rock Charts.

GOYB currently #16 and #37 on US iTunes.

Looks like it is still slowly climbing with that ad on the front page. This would most likely be in the top 10 if it was under one single title which would get it a lot more recognition from people just browsing on iTunes. :mad:

If that ad goes down I don't think it could possibly get into the top 10 unless it comes back later when the actual single is released. :sad:

Come on Boots, keep on climbing!

Have only heard the song twice so far, yes its fantastic, but i dont think anywhere near as radio friendly as vertigo was.

will the US iTunes downloads from both (all) versions be combined to give chart position (aswell as airplay that is)

by the looks of it on UK iTunes GOYB is available to download. but i thought it wasnt released for download till 15th feb, does that mean it cant chart till then even if its #1 on downloads?

Back
Top Bottom