Get On Your Boots - chart watch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe this has been mentioned already, but GOYB's showing on iTunes is probably affected by the option to pre-order the album. The album has two versions in the top 10 and those sales don't count towards GOYB's totals.

iTunes chart run (updated roughly every 24 hours)

Australia: 16 - 14
Belgium: 11 - 10 - 5 - 4 - 5
Canada: 1/16 - 2/34 - 3/59 - 7/70 - 10/88
Finland: 5 - 5
France: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 6
Japan: 25 - 19 - 21 - 38 - 39
Luxembourg: 13 - 8 - 16 - 8 - 41
New Zealand: 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 3
Netherlands: 1 - 1
Norway: 9 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4
Portugal: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
Sweden: 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5
USA: 16/37 - 22/55 - 37/85 - 45/*Out* - 63

If this keeps up the song will be out of the US charts soon

Whatever...the single hasn't even been 'officially' released yet, plus with the video coming out on Thursday a lot more people will be exposed to it.

now the initial sales from U2 fans is over, i would expect pre-orders to increase as the release date gets nearer. Personally i wouldnt pre-order an album still 5 weeks before release.

Are those US numbers?

If those are accurate it could be #1 on the AAA chart with 729 spins -- last weeks #1 had 605

It could be roughly #35 on the Hot AC chart with 353 spins -- last weeks #35 had 353

Roughly #26 on the Active Rock chart with 387 spins-- last week's #26 had 358

Roughly #7 on the Alternative Rock chart with 1,304 spins -- last week's #7 had 1,285 spins.

And roughly #6 on the Rock chart with 302 spins. Last week's #6 had 296.

Seems pretty good to me actually.

Here are the weekly US radio numbers for each format...

?R&R - Radio & Records, Inc.

Whatever...the single hasn't even been 'officially' released yet, plus with the video coming out on Thursday a lot more people will be exposed to it.

The single is officially out on any country that it's selling on itunes

The physical will probably sell less than 100k copies maybe half that at best, so I don't see how it's not officially out

nevermind, just found it on their website.

I'm pretty sure the new Billboard charts come out on Thursday morning so that's when we will officially know how the new song deputed in the Top 100. I'm not sure when these radio sites will be updated for the latest week of airplay.

Australia: 16 - 14 - 14
Belgium: 11 - 10 - 5 - 4 - 5 - 7
Canada: 1/16 - 2/34 - 3/59 - 7/70 - 10/88 - 16/ *out*
Finland: 5 - 5 - 3
France: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 6 - 6
Japan: 25 - 19 - 21 - 38 - 39 - 39
Luxembourg: 13 - 8 - 16 - 8 - 41 - 52
New Zealand: 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 7
Netherlands: 1 - 1 - 1
Norway: 9 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 5
Portugal: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
Sweden: 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8
USA: 16/37 - 22/55 - 37/85 - 45/*Out* - 63 - 85

Boots looks like it'll be out of the US chart by tomorrow :ohmy:

jeez out in the us, whats wrong with them

U2 has the song for FREE on U2.com. The fact that it's selling so well everywhere else is the real puzzling aspect. Why pay for it if it can be free? There's tons of software to readily convert the stream on U2.com (or from youtube) to an mp3. Given that U2 gave this song away (similar to Radiohead's album), I think it's doing well (especially given the lack of promotion).

U2 has the song for FREE on U2.com. The fact that it's selling so well everywhere else is the real puzzling aspect. Why pay for it if it can be free? There's tons of software to readily convert the stream on U2.com (or from youtube) to an mp3. Given that U2 gave this song away (similar to Radiohead's album), I think it's doing well (especially given the lack of promotion).

But if you go to any band's Myspace page you'll get the same thing, it's not like it's uncommon to do it

Kelly Clarkson's song is free to listen to on youtube but it's still number 1 on itunes

But if you go to any band's Myspace page you'll get the same thing, it's not like it's uncommon to do it

Kelly Clarkson's song is free to listen to on youtube but it's still number 1 on itunes

VH1 had Kelly Clarkson's new song available to download for free.

Wow... Portugal seems to love the song....:up:

GOYB: USA Radio charts (from Mediabase) for the week of Jan. 19-Jan. 25:

Alternative: #8 (first week on chart) (this is a huge debut for a single on this chart)

Triple A (adult alternative): #1 (first week on chart) (It debuted at #1 in its first week!)

Hot AC (hot adult contemporary): #36 (first week on chart) (a decent debut for any song on this chart)

Active Rock: #34 (first week on chart) (a decent debut)

Rock: #8 (first week on chart) (a very strong debut)

Not bad folks! GOYB has cracked the top ten in its first week on 2 charts (Alternative and Rock) and is already at #1 on Triple A in its first week. I expect the song will go to the top (or close to the top) on all rock type charts (Alternative, Rock, Triple A) and may do well on Hot AC too, though it will climb more slowly.

GOYB: USA Radio charts (from Mediabase) for the week of Jan. 19-Jan. 25:

Alternative: #8 (first week on chart) (this is a huge debut for a single on this chart)

Triple A (adult alternative): #1 (first week on chart) (It debuted at #1 in its first week!)

Hot AC (hot adult contemporary): #36 (first week on chart) (a decent debut for any song on this chart)

Active Rock: #34 (first week on chart) (a decent debut)

Rock: #8 (first week on chart) (a very strong debut)

Not bad folks! GOYB has cracked the top ten in its first week on 2 charts (Alternative and Rock) and is already at #1 on Triple A in its first week. I expect the song will go to the top (or close to the top) on all rock type charts (Alternative, Rock, Triple A) and may do well on Hot AC too, though it will climb more slowly.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Thank god. With all the doomsday talk around here I'm glad to see it didn't fall flat.

Based on these charts, GOYB has performed very well in its first week.

It debuted at #2 in the Adult Rock chart, at #10 in the Alternative chart (which speaks volumes about U2's current relevance in rock music!), and at #11 in the Rock chart. It also debuted at #36 in the Active Rock chart (and now I'm getting confused between all these types of "Rock" charts), and at #37 in the HOT AC (Adult Contemporary) chart. So two Top 10 debuts in two big charts, and another just outside the Top 10.

This combined with iTunes should make for a Top 40 debut in the Hot 100 on the Billboard charts. If this doesn't happen, it's because God only knows how Billboard actually collects data to rank songs. They seem to have some secret formula that changes quite frequently.

Based on these charts, GOYB has performed very well in its first week.

It debuted at #2 in the Adult Rock chart, at #10 in the Alternative chart (which speaks volumes about U2's current relevance in rock music!), and at #11 in the Rock chart. It also debuted at #36 in the Active Rock chart (and now I'm getting confused between all these types of "Rock" charts), and at #37 in the HOT AC (Adult Contemporary) chart. So two Top 10 debuts in two big charts, and another just outside the Top 10.

This combined with iTunes should make for a Top 40 debut in the Hot 100 on the Billboard charts. If this doesn't happen, it's because God only knows how Billboard actually collects data to rank songs. They seem to have some secret formula that changes quite frequently.

Should also make into the World Tracks chart later this week Mike

Australia: 16 - 14 - 14 - 17
Belgium: 11 - 10 - 5 - 4 - 5 - 7 - 9
Canada: 1/16 - 2/34 - 3/59 - 7/70 - 10/88 - 16/ *out* - 25
Finland: 5 - 5 - 3 - 3
France: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 6 - 6 - 10
Japan: 25 - 19 - 21 - 38 - 39 - 39 - 51
Luxembourg: 13 - 8 - 16 - 8 - 41 - 52 - 78
New Zealand: 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 7 - 9
Netherlands: 1 - 1 - 1 - 2
Norway: 9 - 3 - 3 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 8
Portugal: 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1
Sweden: 1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 10
USA: 16/37 - 22/55 - 37/85 - 45/*Out* - 63 - 85 - 99

Another day another massive drop worldwide

WTF????? I mean.... there's another song being sold in Portugal???

I love Boots, don't get me wrong. That's amazing. :heart:

21 U2 GET ON YOUR BOOTS 56994 999 273 57267

top 50 digital downloads from Bb

top 150 Us Airplays last week: #116

Back
Top Bottom