First CD Single in the U.S. Since the "Pop" Era!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
While this has been mentioned in other threads, I felt it deserved its own thread.

"Magnificent" may not have received love on the radio, but it could still get retail love.

If downloads alone aren't enough for you, and you love the idea of a tangible item, then go to Best Buy (or go to their online store here) to get the official CD single for "Magnificent".

While some may call this an EP, to me, it's similar to the "Mysterious Way" CD single or the "Even Better Than..." remix single from the AB era. There's basically the edited version of the song and all the remixes.

To me this is huge as U2 have not released an official CD single in the U.S. for any song since the "Pop" era! All other CD singles in the U.S. since then have been imports.

I pre-ordered mine and it came yesterday - the day the CD was officially released. Best Buy is very good at shipping, so if you can't find the CD in the store or don't have a Best Buy close to you, online may be a good way to get it.

If enough of us get this, maybe, just maybe, it'll give the single a hint of a life. LOL!

Thanks for the info--just ordered it. It's 10 tracks, right? What a gift this is.

It doesn't look like Best Buy is carrying them in store, so save yourself a trip and just order it online.

Best Buy now has it listed as backordered, so it's either selling well or they didn't order very many.

This could easily put Magnificent on top of the (somewhat meaningless) Billboard Hot Singles Sales chart, where it debuted at #4 and is currently at #12 (on the strength of imports alone?)

Of course, it would have to dethrone the GS Boyz' Stanky Legg. :doh:

its backordered because i just purchased 40,000 copies and when they arrive im going to hand them out to all of the homeless people in my area.

its backordered because i just purchased 40,000 copies and when they arrive im going to hand them out to all of the homeless people in my area.

OMG! Me too! :love:

Only in my case, I ordered 40,000 copies to plaster all over my house - kind of like a U2 CD single wallpaper. :heart:

If Best Buy is already on backorder for these, clearly there was an under-estimate in the demand. Glad to see the physical single is catching on in some capacity.

I honestly wonder if Amazon makes more money selling the MP3s than they do on the CD. That might explain why they aren't advertising the fact that the CD has 5 more tracks than the MP3 album.

The way they have the page set up with a link to the MP3 album would lead you to believe they are identical.

OMG! Me too! :love:

Only in my case, I ordered 40,000 copies to plaster all over my house - kind of like a U2 CD single wallpaper. :heart:

If Best Buy is already on backorder for these, clearly there was an under-estimate in the demand. Glad to see the physical single is catching on in some capacity.

i actually have the letters "U 2" tattoed on my bottom. And since im kind of a big gal, when i sit down on public toilets and sweat the tattoo rubs off on the toilet seat a bit. It created quite a stir here in SouthPark, mainly because nobody knows what "U 2" means. Though one lady saw the depiction on the toilet seat and claimed it was the image of Jesus.....go figure.

( U | 2 )

i actually have the letters "U 2" tattoed on my bottom. And since im kind of a big gal, when i sit down on public toilets and sweat the tattoo rubs off on the toilet seat a bit. It created quite a stir here in SouthPark, mainly because nobody knows what "U 2" means. Though one lady saw the depiction on the toilet seat and claimed it was the image of Jesus.....go figure.

( U | 2 )

While definitely in the "too much information" arena, and it makes me wonder what type of tattoo you got such that it "rubs off" (is it only semi-permanent? do you re-apply it?), from now on, whenever I look at my U2 posters I'll think of your ass, I mean, Jesus. :up:

All joking aside, my local FYE had three copies of this single in stock as of Saturday. I was actually surprised to see it in a shop.

:up:

I ordered a second copy from Amazon and it arrived quickly.

The copy I had from Best Buy says "promo" on it (or the computer recognizes it as a promo), meaning don't spend $40+ on a supposedly promo copy of this CD on eBay. It's the exact same thing offered for under $10 on Best Buy, Amazon and probably FYE.

These purchases, by the say, are making a difference as the CD is one of the most bought "dance tracks" out there. So downloads and CD's count here. Yay! Maybe too late for the Hot 100, but "Magnificent" may see a long life on the dance charts. Boogie oogie! :applaud: :dance:

i just might :angry:

I'm VERY happy to hear this. :angry: :madwife: :mad:

It's a great song and deserves this success. :rant: :madspit: :fist:

off topic, but im planning on having "U2" tattooed on my breasts. I figure if i take off my top during the show and reveal myself to Adam, hopefully he will smile at me and nod in approval.

:adam:

And don't forget, per your earlier post, you can show him your arse too.

good idea

(.u)(2.)

:wave::angry:

Great. :mad:

I can't wait to see "U" and "2" on your
smiley-sex009.gif
and
smiley-taunt005.gif
. :madspit:

Back
Top Bottom