Every Breaking Wave Radio Play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's now up to 31 on AC! And rising very fast. Appears destined to be at least a top 20 hit on the format. It's also back up one spot on Hot AC to 38.

It's also interesting to note that if these charts were determined by the size of audience the song is reaching, EBW would be #17 on AC and 33 on HAC!

You'd think Audience would be more important (and hence determine the chart position rather) than spins.

I just looked at the charts again for today and it continues to Jet up the AC chart, now at 24.

So far, it's looking like EBW may just be a hit but there is a lot more climbing on these charts needed before that happens.

On a side note, 3 months after the albums release, I'm still seeing non-SOI singles showing up on the charts!

California is on the AAA Spincrease chart(at the bottom with 8 spins from 3 stations but still).

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Audience impression is actually what matters when it comes to calculating chart positions on the BB100. If you want to see how much airplay EBW is getting in the overall context of the entire radio market in the US go here Daily US Radio Updates. Then sort by overall AI. Currently its ranked 196 in total audience impressions.

The formats that U2 does well on are not that popular . Hence even though Ordinary Love hit the top 10 on iTunes - its radio play was so poor it only managed to peak at 87 on the BB100. Its an extreme example though OL max audio impressions topped at 1.5 million. The most important format for them - the one with the most upside - is Hot Adult Contemporary. Triple A has basically no reach at all.

sorry for insisting on this, but seriously: is this the album version or the acoustic one?

More good news on the radio front for this song.

- On AC it's up three more spots to #18! When's the last time U2 had a top 20 song on any format other than AAA? Not sure, but it's been a while.

- on HOT AC it's also up three spots to #36.

- on AAA it's holding steady at #9.

Yep. Total audience impressions are up to 10.106m . It ranks at 188 in total audience impressions up from being ranked 193 the prev day.

AC is a helpful format to do well in . But HAC (Hot Adult Contemporary - lord knows what the distinction is) is a format that's 2.5 times as popular. If it does really well there, then that's very important.

Hey guys! Love seeing some movement for EBW. Could you imagine if they would have been able to do actual promo for this in the US?!?!? Gah!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that yesterday I was listening to the local AC radio here. It's an 'iHeart Radio' affiliated station and in the afternoon, they have a program hosted by Ryan Seacrest, where they do the top 5 songs of the day. The top 5 is chosen by the amount of "Likes" that the songs got during the day.
Well, yesterday, EBW was NUMBER 5! It came in right under Shake it Off.
So, there is definite movement and interest in the song.

If anyone is inclined, I would suggest downloading iHeart radio app, if you don't already have it and give EBW a few votes during the day. It would be really cool to see it stay in this top 5 daily thing for a while. It would most likely mean stations would recognize it as a song to give more spins to during the regular daytime programming.

that is all! Good checking in with you chart hounds. :)

I know that's what the article says but there is no way that statistic is correct

Sent from my ass crack

I think it might be, mostly because most of the U2 singles have not been Adult Contemporary friendly. Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, Vertigo, and Boots were not AC type songs.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

To me there's only one chart that matters: Billboard's Hot 100. All those other niche charts are superfluous. Tell me that EBW has cracked the Top 40 there, and I'll tell you it has a chance to become a hit.

"Pride" only got to #36 or #39, but then sank without a trace. But of course due to its status in the U2 live pantheon, it slowly became a well-known classic. Which is what I hope happens with SOI, but EBW esp.

It's great that Billboard linked to that performance. I hope as many people as possible read that article and watch the link.

U2 on the Billboard hot 100 these days, id consider that to be The Miracle that will never happen.

Even during their prime they had a hard time hitting the hot 100 except during Joshua Tree.

Well, we know about U.S air play what about Ireland, U.K, and other places.

Well, I know EBW would have been a big hit here in the Netherlands if there was a decent video for it. Now it 's steady in the pre-charts (tipparade) and it will definately disappear next week if nothing will be promoted. Big shame there's still no video for this beautiful thing.

Just heard it playing on emmerdale in the background (UK soap of all places)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Still no video! Strange kind of promotion for SOI. ... Hope they will promote SOE in a different, better way. Hope it will follow soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Still no video! Strange kind of promotion for SOI. ... Hope they will promote SOE in a different, better way. Hope it will follow soon.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

Something best happen this Monday the 12th. I've tried to be patient. This is the crappiest "marketing" I've ever seen. Make a huge media move in September and then nothing, at least here in the US. Yes, Europe got a few things in October and November, but not everyone watches the talk and entertainment shows. I must have faith and patience that U2 will surprise us again. Must, must, must! Sigh... :huh:

I am not hearing EBW on the radio much, but today I landed on the adult contemporary station and heard the acoustic version. I also hear the acoustic on my favorite small local station. Other than this, I haven't heard the album version in 2 mos, but that was on the big rock station's late night/new dj show. He'd play it often for a while. :/

What is the guarantee that video is going to help promote it? Will vh1 and mtv going to play the video or will the video be viewed by 10 million times on vevo and youtube?

The best promoting I can think of was when they were going to perform on jimmy fallon for a week and announce the tour on that Friday and probably doing interviews and other performance later (World aids day concert).

So, now I would focus on the tour, probably the future singles, the tour, and then songs of experience .

Back
Top Bottom