Every Breaking Wave Radio Play

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with Womanfish!

It's so disappointing that they finally get geared up for their first live NA promotion since the album release and it's postponed. 5 nights in the top rated Late Night show with what would have been another performance of EBW that would have garnered rave reviews would have been a big win for them.

Not to mention we probably would have heard songs we have yet to hear yet be played and played in "full band" mode!

Damn, what a missed opportunity to really shine and do so in line with the holiday season, your announcement ( it's coming) and the new single release of EBW.

Well, hope Bono heals up nicely and isn't in too much pain, so they can bounce back with full force VERY soon!!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ugh! I'm hoping the window of opportunity isn't gone. I'm fairly certain they wisely and purposely scheduled this residency to be the week before Thanksgiving. Next week, we crazy Americans will rush out to the stores and beg them to take our money. Of course, U2 should be on the shopping list. ;)

If Jimmy does go on holiday break, then they are likely not going to get on the show until January.

I miss you, lads. You planned well, but you can't plan for everything.

Heal well and rest up Bono.

Anyone know what's happened to the kworb.net site - worldwide iTunes performance site thingy? Seems to be down the last two days?

Window of opportunity is a myth.

The big hit song last winter was "Happy". When was the song released? Early summer of 2013. It took almost 6 months for the song to hit the top of the charts!

If U2 have to postpone or cancel a few things, so be it. There's still a chance for the song to take off.

I was hoping, though, for a holiday boost in sales. This is dependent on Bono. Can he even sing in a month?

Heard EBW on http://www.1013.com driving home from work yesterday.
Took me by surprise.
I barely listen to the radio.
Only for longer drives.
I was just changing channels and BAM!
I was not expecting to hear u2.
Thas was a nice surprise!

There should be a video to promote the song by now. No editing (like the unprofessional editing of Magnificent in 2009) but the full song with a beautiful video!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

EBW moves up from 29 to 27 on Alternative Rock this week. Miracle at 26 & about to fall out of chart. EBW down from 21 to 32 on AC...weird. Most adds on Adult Alternative where Miracle hit #1 but is dropping down now.

EBW moves up from 29 to 27 on Alternative Rock this week. Miracle at 26 & about to fall out of chart. EBW down from 21 to 32 on AC...weird. Most adds on Adult Alternative where Miracle hit #1 but is dropping down now.

That's odd because I'm hearing Miracle more now and on the regular rock station, not just the alternative stations.

And EBW I'm no longer hearing on the radio, but the acoustic version is #37 on iTunes' What's Hot list.

Up on Triple a (adult alternative), HAC with the adds, rock mainstream and alternative.
Down on AC.

Up on Triple a (adult alternative), HAC with the adds, rock mainstream and alternative.
Down on AC.

Also strange that it fell off the AC chart, especially when that was the format that really led the EBW charge a month ago. The song hit the top 20 of that format and now is dropping when it's just taking off on all other formats.

Very odd and hopefully that trend will be reversed. On another note, I find it amazing that U2 has yet to crack the Active Rock format with any song from this album. That was one of their big formats along with triple A and Alternative that always loved them. It's as of this format has turned its back on U2.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Great great song, but we are not going to be hearing from them for awhile

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference Joanne

Ok, this whole U2 North American Promo Tour has been filled with set backs and disappointments. So, lets get some pretty good news (in addition to the Grammy nod) for once:

Every Breaking Wave (12/6 stats):

AC: Fell off the Charts :down:
Mainstream Rock: #39 with 14 spins (down in both) :down:
Hot AC: #43 with 287 spins (peak for both) :up:
AAA: #25 with 214 spins (peak for both) :up:
Alternative: #25 with 557 spins (peak for both) :up:

Total for Yesterday: 1,072 spins (peak) & 5.40 million impressions (not a peak, which was ~6.6 million 11/10)

It is still getting adds on Alternative, AAA & Hot AC! :applaud:

Ok, this whole U2 North American Promo Tour has been filled with set backs and disappointments. So, lets get some pretty good news (in addition to the Grammy nod) for once:

Every Breaking Wave (12/6 stats):

AC: Fell off the Charts :down:

Mainstream Rock: #39 with 14 spins (down in both) :down:

Hot AC: #43 with 287 spins (peak for both) :up:

AAA: #25 with 214 spins (peak for both) :up:

Alternative: #25 with 557 spins (peak for both) :up:

Total for Yesterday: 1,072 spins (peak) & 5.40 million impressions (not a peak, which was ~6.6 million 11/10)

It is still getting adds on Alternative, AAA & Hot AC! :applaud:

Great to hear. Such a shame that because of Bono's injury its received virtually no U.S. promotion. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Well some good news on the radio front. Every Breaking Wave has risen to #37 on the Hot AC chart. It's up 4 spots. It's also rising fast on the Triple-A chart where it now sits at 13. But for it to be a "hit" it will need to continue rising on the Hot AC chart and at least crack the top 20.

Well some good news on the radio front. Every Breaking Wave has risen to #37 on the Hot AC chart. It's up 4 spots. It's also rising fast on the Triple-A chart where it now sits at 13. But for it to be a "hit" it will need to continue rising on the Hot AC chart and at least crack the top 20.

:up: Thanks for the news.

:up::up::up:

More good news. Today it reached its peak spins of 367 and peak audience of more than 2-million people. Hopefully it will keep climbing.

B5fJLyGCQAA4jaz.jpg

Debut at 40 on the "Adult Pop Songs" chart:

Chart Highlights: Aretha Franklin Tops Dance Club Songs for First Time in 16 Years | Billboard

EBW jumps from 114 to 38 on this weeks Adult Contemporary Chart. Maybe it's earlier run into the Top 40 was suspended until The Miracle at least hit #1 on Adult Rock.

EBW up from 11 to 7 on Adult Rock, but every song on the chart saw a decrease in spins due to the airing of Christmas Rock/Covers.

EBW moves from 36 to 40 on HAC, but it's back up to 39 today with a bullet. Drop could also have been a result of Christmas music, who knows.

EBW moves from 30 to 37 on Rock Chart, where Miracle also slips from 44 to 46.

EBW moves back up one spot to 25 on Alternative Radio Chart.

In Canada, Miracle is at 21 on the Active Rock Chart.

Since I'm not listening to any of this, is this the full band or the acoustic version of the song?

Just to follow up on Believe's post earlier:

As of today:

AAA: #8 with 359 spins! It did went down slightly but so did most of the songs on this chart and I feel it may be due to this format playing Christmas music and thus ignore the "everyday" songs for the season.

Alternative: #25 with 558 spins! It had a rise in spins.

Mainstream Rock: #32 with 15 spins (small format).

Hot AC (very IMPORTANT format): #39 with 349 spins but it declined slightly in plays.

AC: #38 with 122 spins!!!! Last week it was #112 and it jetted back onto the chart. I can't explain it but here is what I THINK… the song was first picked up on this format in October. It was very popular but I think it was being played without being an "official label" single. It fell off the charts on November 28th, which was right before the "official" release(so I read) on 12/1. Perhaps it was delayed due to holiday music being played on this format (similar to AAA or even more so) and now that the holiday music season is at an end they are resuming playing "everyday" songs and EBW happens to be one of the big beneficiaries. My other theory is that perhaps they were boycotting U2 (not the stations but the station owners) because U2 was pushing with iHeart Radio and maybe that is a different company, so perhaps a deal for interviews was agreed on and now…boom. Both are just a guess on my part but the bottom line is they are back on the format!!

In Summary: Every Breaking Wave has 1,403 spins with an audience of 6.88 million on 12/30. Both of those states are PEAKS! That means that at the moment, this song is very much alive and has a chance to really make a splash. If this song can hang on until February (with a video and a little promotion of some sort its possible) and U2 perform at the Grammies….it could be that boost that they needed!!!!!!!

For comparions purposes, The Miracle peaked at 1,321 spins and an audience of 6.08 million. So, while the bar was set very low, EBW is now the biggest radio hit from the album (in the US). :applaud:

*Fingers, toes, and eyeballs crossed* here's hoping. Though I don't see why EBW couldn't be re-released in the future when the tour starts. The fact that it's doing so well with almost zero promo is a good sign. We know we've got a great song here, I'm not writing it off by a long shot.

As of today:

AAA: #8 with 359 spins! It did went down slightly but so did most of the songs on this chart and I feel it may be due to this format playing Christmas music and thus ignore the "everyday" songs for the season.

Hot AC (very IMPORTANT format): #39 with 349 spins but it declined slightly in plays.

AC: #38 with 122 spins!!!! Last week it was #112 and it jetted back onto the chart. I can't explain it but here is what I THINK… the song was first picked up on this format in October. It was very popular but I think it was being played without being an "official label" single. It fell off the charts on November 28th, which was right before the "official" release(so I read) on 12/1. Perhaps it was delayed due to holiday music being played on this format (similar to AAA or even more so) and now that the holiday music season is at an end they are resuming playing "everyday" songs and EBW happens to be one of the big beneficiaries. My other theory is that perhaps they were boycotting U2 (not the stations but the station owners) because U2 was pushing with iHeart Radio and maybe that is a different company, so perhaps a deal for interviews was agreed on and now…boom. Both are just a guess on my part but the bottom line is they are back on the format!!

In Summary: Every Breaking Wave has 1,403 spins with an audience of 6.88 million on 12/30. Both of those states are PEAKS! That means that at the moment, this song is very much alive and has a chance to really make a splash. If this song can hang on until February (with a video and a little promotion of some sort its possible) and U2 perform at the Grammies….it could be that boost that they needed!!!!!!!

For comparions purposes, The Miracle peaked at 1,321 spins and an audience of 6.08 million. So, while the bar was set very low, EBW is now the biggest radio hit from the album (in the US). :applaud:

The very day the iHeart EBW story broke our biggest alternative station in a major metro market stopped playing The Miracle. It went from regularly being played 4-5 times in a 24 hour period to NOTHING. It's a CBS station. I haven't checked since just before Christmas, but they hadn't played it at all that entire time. It took them a full week after the iHeart story broke to play ANY U2 song and when they did it was the 80s stuff. Very odd.

As of today:

It's now up to 31 on AC! And rising very fast. Appears destined to be at least a top 20 hit on the format. It's also back up one spot on Hot AC to 38.

It's also interesting to note that if these charts were determined by the size of audience the song is reaching, EBW would be #17 on AC and 33 on HAC!

It's now up to 31 on AC! And rising very fast. Appears destined to be at least a top 20 hit on the format. It's also back up one spot on Hot AC to 38.

It's also interesting to note that if these charts were determined by the size of audience the song is reaching, EBW would be #17 on AC and 33 on HAC!

:up::up::up:

Back
Top Bottom