Electrical Storm doing great!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ElectricalVoice

Refugee
I'm from Norway, and i'm happy to say that Electrical Storm is doing really well in the charts. Even though Electrical Storm is not released as a single yet, the tune is now at number 2 in the most-played-songs-chart here in Norway. Electrical Storm is also receiving great reviews, and it got a 6 (6 being best) in one of the biggest newspapers in Norway. I just felt like sharing great news - i think Electrical Storm might become a big hit 21 October!:mac:

Typical U2 song.When its released its mediocre, in a couple months (specially after live perfs) it becomes a classic. :uhoh:

Thanks for the news! its been growing on me as well (heavy as a truck)

Seems like its not doing much for people on this forum.Some really hard to please fans in here

ishkash said:
Seems like its not doing much for people on this forum.Some really hard to please fans in here
I've been hearing it more and more on top 40 radio! It's actually starting to grow on me. That cool "electric" riff that buzzes around the song during the ascension really does sound like a brew of electricity in the making, doesn't it? Very cool.

Most people seem to really like this one, actually. I happen to be one of them.

Unfortunately, it's already sliding back down on the U.S. Radio Charts and I still have yet to even catch the video. I guess we'll have to hope that "The Hands That Built America" can be the breakthrough hit for this new compilation.

"Unfortunately, it's already sliding back down on the U.S. Radio Charts..." I said it would fade quickly.

"I guess we'll have to hope that "The Hands That Built America" can be the breakthrough hit for this new compilation." Unfortunately, it will be a cold day in hell before that happens. The song is weak and will not do well.

Don't want to sound too negative, but these two songs are VERY weak.

ishkash said:
Typical U2 song.When its released its mediocre, in a couple months (specially after live perfs) it becomes a classic. :uhoh:

Thanks for the news! its been growing on me as well (heavy as a truck)

Discotheque had a great debut but dropped quicker than a hot potato from the charts, just like POP. Then again, both were not your "typical" U2 releases, both were actually "extraordinary."

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

jick said:

Discotheque had a great debut but dropped quicker than a hot potato from the charts, just like POP. Then again, both were not your "typical" U2 releases, both were actually "extraordinary."

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

hahhaah, i like how you replied to this electical storm thread but talked about POP.

jick said:

Cheers,

J
The King Of POP

Ok so what else do you know about hot potato?

:yes: It was number 13 this week on VH1's Top 20...It was 14 last week, so hopefully it'll keep moving up.

Weird...and last night I saw Red Dragon in theatre 13...:confused: :ohmy:

its gettin' kinda hectic

wertsie said:
Weird...and last night I saw Red Dragon in theatre 13...:confused: :ohmy:

that is weird
know what makes this whole situation even more weird and superwowwhacky?

last nite i saw this guy play. his name is mats. he wears 13. he skates good.
sundin.jpg

wertsie said:
omg....TODAY is the 13th! Not Friday, but still...:ohmy:

What a bunch of bizarre coincidences that really add up to nothing. Oh well, I guess that sort of stuff is what message boards are all about. :yes:

ElectricalVoice said:
I'm from Norway, and i'm happy to say that Electrical Storm is doing really well in the charts. Even though Electrical Storm is not released as a single yet, the tune is now at number 2 in the most-played-songs-chart here in Norway. Electrical Storm is also receiving great reviews, and it got a 6 (6 being best) in one of the biggest newspapers in Norway. I just felt like sharing great news - i think Electrical Storm might become a big hit 21 October!:mac:

Well the song really grew on me... but I have to say, I have yet to hear it on independent or nationwide (BBC) radio here in the UK....and I've only seen it once on MTV (and once on The Box - terrible cable music show) although I don't watch either regularly

I really hope that people (none u2 fanatics) know it even exists over here. I've asked my friends and none of them even knew of it's existence.

It appears its not getting any coverage over here. I'd love to be proved wrong by fellow brits

Lu
:wave:

I don't seem to hear it on the radio here anymore either. It is sad that a song can seemingly die after a month or so, yet crap like 'pink' or matchbox 20 can get repeated over and over.

Radio sucks.

little boy blue said:
I don't seem to hear it on the radio here anymore either. It is sad that a song can seemingly die after a month or so, yet crap like 'pink' or matchbox 20 can get repeated over and over.

Radio sucks.

Well, it's our job to get it played on the radio. If we want to hear the song, we have to request it.

By the way - it hasn't been released yet. I think the song are very good, and i believe in U2's future. I'm really surprised that so many people (that like the song) expect it to fall quickly. If the biggest U2 fans believe the song will drop, it certainly will.

ishkash said:

Exactly. That's why most of U2's songs are classics. :)

ElectricalVoice said:

Well, it's our job to get it played on the radio. If we want to hear the song, we have to request it.

By the way - it hasn't been released yet. I think the song are very good, and i believe in U2's future. I'm really surprised that so many people (that like the song) expect it to fall quickly. If the biggest U2 fans believe the song will drop, it certainly will.

Good point, but radio still sucks though. I requested it to no avail, but it may just be where I live. It will probably get more airplay with the release of the 'best of'.

Does anyone if it will be released as a single or if it is on the album only?

Agree

little boy blue said:

Good point, but radio still sucks though. I requested it to no avail, but it may just be where I live. It will probably get more airplay with the release of the 'best of'.

Does anyone if it will be released as a single or if it is on the album only?

Yes, radio sucks... We can't beat those kids - because it is their life to sit and listen to all the commercial crap that is being played. Kids are ofcourse the easiest target.

The single are released 21 October - at least here in Norway...

Well, it's doing really well in Canada. But there again, U2 always does really well in Canada. Do we have better taste than Americans? ;) Seriously though, it has risen 6 spots since last week on the Canadian Charts!! I think it's up to #13 now.

Michael Griffiths said:
Well, it's doing really well in Canada. But there again, U2 always does really well in Canada. Do we have better taste than Americans? ;) Seriously though, it has risen 6 spots since last week on the Canadian Charts!! I think it's up to #13 now.

We could bank on a "Canadian U2-1" package in the future. :D

Hello,

On the Billboard Hot 100 the song drops one spot this week to #88.

It will be released as a single this Monday in the Netherlands. I hope we'll have a great chart run.

C ya!

Marty

wolfwill23 said:
"Unfortunately, it's already sliding back down on the U.S. Radio Charts..." I said it would fade quickly.

"I guess we'll have to hope that "The Hands That Built America" can be the breakthrough hit for this new compilation." Unfortunately, it will be a cold day in hell before that happens. The song is weak and will not do well.

Don't want to sound too negative, but these two songs are VERY weak.

I can't stop listening to the MP3 of "Hands". Am I nuts? I don't know. Maybe it's just this fever that won't go away. Damn! I have to call my shrink!

whatever..........
do u think songs like The Fly and Walk ON should be left out of the best of , whereas The First Time and Miss Sarajevo made the cut??????????????????

Back
Top Bottom