Edge's issue in Malibu.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MackTheCasbah

The Fly
If this is wrong thread to talk about this, let me know.

I know Edge's plan for building houses (big ones) in Malibu is almost approved.
Even though I'm fan of the Edge and absolutely loves him as a guitarist and philanthropist (like Music Rising), I have problem with this as obviously, mansions as big as his definitely destroy wildlife in Malibu. I guess he should listen to criticism and shrink down plans or just stop building and conserving the precious land around coastline.
I just wonder what you guys think. I love their success, though.

I don't know all of the nitty-gritty details but I more or less agree.

On the other hand, if it's getting approved, I can only hope that means that the impact is not as dire as the locals were claiming, rather than it's getting approved because Edge threw shitloads of money at the problem.

I hope he just accept that fact that having homes in LA, Dublin, and France is enough. And don't have to expand hotel they have in Dublin.

From what I've read, the local residents seem absolutely hellbent against it. No wonder he's building FIVE mansions - he needs to make sure he has friendly neighbors! :wink:

I think the issue was other millionaires were pissed that their million dollar views would be obstructed. It's not like he was building them on some sacred land, or in wildlife territory, he was building the mansions within a community of other mansions.

But remember:

"2014 U2 is like a hardcore pirate. 2014 U2 just don't care. They're bad ass now. We're talking about tax cheating, environment destroying, iPhone hacking, homomania era U2. This is the best era for them. Ever."

Don´t worry, if it´s in Malibu, California, the next earthquake will clear all
those mansions right off the hills.

I personally would not want to live in California, not even if you paid me.
Don´t play around with mother nature, she always wins.
Humans are merely passengers on this planet. We do not "own" anything.

Back
Top Bottom