Do album sales numbers matter so much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im just thinking because theres a lot of people here concerned over whereabouts in the charts the album finishes at etc in competition against the likes of rhiannon, chris brown etc

but if youre like me, you wouldnt have a word of all this, i think u2 has stopped enjoying making music for the passion of making music a long time ago, instead they are just making music because they are in the business of making music

zooropa was the last album u2 recorded in terms of having creative control rather than being worried about competing against a market. ie when they werent concerned about making something that will concern fans that it sounds too much of a departure for the band. to put it into context if you went to mcdonalds and ordered a big mac, they will get a big mac, you dont want beetroot in your big mac. thats what its like with u2's music

there are u2 nerds (comic book guy from the simpson-types) out there on the mainstream market that will desert if u2 make an album that sounds like radiohead's kid a. giving the criticism that that was the worst album or song ever

According to Billboard mag today the album was at #2 for its 3rd week. I don't know if the charts are updated a lot, but that has to be good right?

zooropa was the last album u2 recorded in terms of having creative control rather than being worried about competing against a market. ie when they werent concerned about making something that will concern fans that it sounds too much of a departure for the band. to put it into context if you went to mcdonalds and ordered a big mac, they will get a big mac, you dont want beetroot in your big mac. thats what its like with u2's music

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who thought MOS sounds like One...

I wouldn't expect anything less from someone who thought MOS sounds like One...

On a seperate note I suggested MOS was better than One. Am I a bad person?

By the way, this is one of the first times I have been confused by a post. Could you please elaborate for me OP what point you were trying to make?

U2 is playing to the mainstream and losing creativity?

im just thinking because theres a lot of people here concerned over whereabouts in the charts the album finishes at etc in competition against the likes of rhiannon, chris brown etc

but if youre like me, you wouldnt have a word of all this, i think u2 has stopped enjoying making music for the passion of making music a long time ago, instead they are just making music because they are in the business of making music

there are u2 nerds (comic book guy from the simpson-types) out there on the mainstream market that will desert if u2 make an album that sounds like radiohead's kid a. giving the criticism that that was the worst album or song ever

1. U2 has ALWAYS been a business.

2. U2 have always tried to FIRST, make the best album possible, and then SECOND, to sell that album to as many people as possible. That has been
U2's approach on every album from Boy to No Line On The Horizon.

Whoa deja vu. You're like a broken record, man. Post about something else.

Back
Top Bottom