Crazy still not on Radio 1 playlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
I have noticed that Crazy Tonight is still not on BBC Radio 1 playlist? do you think they are blanking it or is it too early to be on the playlist?

I would have thought 4 weeks before release. but we saw what happened with boots, it was on the playlist months before release and week of release it was dropped

I posted this in WK19, but is this sudden 'bounce' just one off dl of CT or are we really seeing big full length CD/Dig Album sales of most of or the entire record? I'm not convinced it's the latter, which means cherrypicking of this one song as it's not a single yet, especially given the rise in dig sales, supposedly Moby's new one had up to 70% of across the board sales in that format alone.

Again i would say they are going to release it to radio around 2 weeks before release, dont know why but just a hunch.

Ok... dont they normally start on the b list though?, hopefully it will still move up, and gain some airplay.

:wink:this is very good news indeed! historically songs always started on the radio1 c-list moving up to the b list after a week and the a-list the week after that. more recently it appears some songs go straight onto the b-list. now thats crazy is on the playlist, its nearly guarenteed to be on the a-list in 2 weeks time. :up:

Mag and boots went from b to a, and then pretty much fell, so i guess you could be right, it could be around longer than those 2 songs, could be very good looking at it like that :up:

...if it's true, why has this single been delayed til Sep 7 given that the erm... tour [is 5 dates a tour... well sorta!], will be over by then? Maybe they could surprise us fans who don't want 8 mixes of the one song with a 4 track dl Live EP recorded from somewhere so far on iTunes/AM_MP3? like the Elevation singles, ah go on! nah?

Crazy Tonight / Unknown Caller / The Unforgettable Fire / Ultra Violet :cute:

Its now 'Record of the Week' for Radio 1 afternoon show and Bono will be a guest on the show Wednesday afternoon!

Sweet! Actual attempts to promote a single... what a great notion! All this combined with the UK tour shall greatly boost the single/album's performance.

actually listened to chris moyles on radio1 breakfast this morning (i cant stand him or the show) but they talked about U2 for a good 15mins, couldnt stop going on about how amazing the wembley shows were. all they need to do now is play the hell out of crazy!

cant see anything on website about crazy being record of the week though.

actually listened to chris moyles on radio1 breakfast this morning (i cant stand him or the show) but they talked about U2 for a good 15mins, couldnt stop going on about how amazing the wembley shows were. all they need to do now is play the hell out of crazy!

cant see anything on website about crazy being record of the week though.

Website always gets updated on Wednesdays 5.30pm

Just listen to Ediths show each day 1pm till 4pm this week its there every day as record of the week. Bono & Edge will actually be in the studio with her for Wednesdays show!

Could be good news that its still on the c list, it has room to move up, where when the songs went straight to the a list they where gone after a couple of weeks,

songs usually move up, dont usually see anything stay on C-list longer than a week! (unless theyre really experimental / crap)

on a positive note, now on Radio 2 A-list!

Well shakera (sp) has been on the c list the same amount of time as U2, if anything you would expect her to get into the top 10 official charts, so IMO its good news.

Records of the week are never on the a or b list as they are brand new to the station

Back
Top Bottom