Butchered!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bomb won awards and I wasn't on the panel. So no, I'm not the only person on planet Earth who liked HTDAAB.

And no, I was reading something written by a very well respected journelist on classical music in the Telegraph. He was voted the least boring expert on classical music on BBC Radio 3. He was saying that the Classical Brit Awards (and I pressume the equivelent Brit Awards) have very little to do with real opera and yet seem to be voted by a secret cabal of shadowy record execs trying to plug their cross-over artists who are nothing more than spangled cosmetically enhanced crooners. He said The South Bank Show Awards are the same. But there are awards that matter that only credit genuine opera singers and classical performers. The Proms which are held every year at THe Royal Albert hall only have genuine classical performances. You will not see Russel Watson or G4 performing there.

And I do happen to think the Grammies are worthy.

Last edited:
the Grammies have been playing catch-up for over 20 years. so by Bomb winning, they meant to say that ATYCLB was the album of the year from 2000-2001. so when NLOTH gets snubbed this time around, i can guarantee that Songs Of Ascent will win.

Like Rattle and Hum and POP before, this is really just part of a natural cycle to take the air out of U2's balloon a little bit. A backlash is inevitable. The public gets tired of U2, a lot of negativity surrounds the band, and their album flops. So they go away for a couple years, come back with a new album, and suddenly everybody realizes they missed U2 and welcome them with open arms. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

That being said, U2 could still have prevented this. NLOTH is a great album, better than it's predacessor. The marketing for this album has been atrocious. I do not think Boots is a good song, but it would've been okay as filler on the album. NOT FOR THE FIRST SINGLE!! And the way they're handling Magnificent... somebody needs fired! Somebody is simply NOT doing their job in the U2 camp.

Not one word missing here! It's exactly my thoughts. I think Crazy and Breathe are the most distinguished songs on the album, they should have been the first singles.

the Grammies have been playing catch-up for over 20 years. so by Bomb winning, they meant to say that ATYCLB was the album of the year from 2000-2001. so when NLOTH gets snubbed this time around, i can guarantee that Songs Of Ascent will win.

What? Now you're the ones who are confusing me. How comes ATYCLB was the album of the year when it lost? Now you're just being silly.

There's only one truth. Either the Grammies mean something or they don't. Either JFK was killed by Oswald or it was a cover up. Either Princess Diana was killed in a road accident or it was an inside job.

What? Now you're the ones who are confusing me. How comes ATYCLB was the album of the year when it lost? Now you're just being silly.

There's only one truth. Either the Grammies mean something or they don't. Either JFK was killed by Oswald or it was a cover up. Either Princess Diana was killed in a road accident or it was an inside job.

you're living under a rock. the Grammies have been widely known for playing catchup for years.

I agree with Cactus Annie, HTDAAB is much better an album than ATYCLB.
I wasn't disagreeing with her opinion. It's all subjective, people can think what they want to think...

I was commenting on the fact that she states "just because you didn't like Bomb that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you."

Which is a very true statement.

But then she follows up with, "ATYCLB wasn't as good as Bomb".

So she just did what she accused everyone else of doing, stating her opinion as fact.

No. Some awards do matteR and the Grammies do matter. Why do people make up silly excuses. Just because you didn't like Bomb that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. ATYCLB wasn't as good as Bomb

I wasn't disagreeing with her opinion. It's all subjective, people can think what they want to think...

I was commenting on the fact that she states "just because you didn't like Bomb that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you."

Which is a very true statement.

But then she follows up with, "ATYCLB wasn't as good as Bomb".

So she just did what she accused everyone else of doing, stating her opinion as fact.

Point taken.

It's a good album. Anyone who likes U2 should already own it anyway. It went #1. A sold out tour is coming soon, I got my tickets. What more work do U2 NEED to do?

It's a good album. Anyone who likes U2 should already own it anyway. It went #1. A sold out tour is coming soon, I got my tickets. What more work do U2 NEED to do?

[sarcasm]they gots to be the biggest band in the world. otherwise, the music isn't good. low sales = bad music[/sarcasm]

well, I'm looking at Rihanna 'singing' Disturbia (again) on a music channel
personally I would have preferred some U2 :shrug:

I'm not allowed an opinion of my own that's why I have to take them from authority figures, people who know more than myself and everyone on here will ever know. Those powerful record execs said that Bomb disserved the award for Album of the Year whilst ATYCLB didn't. Fact. I reckon they know more than any of us.

I'm not allowed an opinion of my own that's why I have to take them from authority figures, people who know more than myself and everyone on here will ever know. Those powerful record execs said that Bomb disserved the award for Album of the Year whilst ATYCLB didn't. Fact. I reckon they know more than any of us.

Nice!

They're the execs cos they are the ultimate arbiters of taste and judgement innit?

Back
Top Bottom