Bonos 400 million

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoobeatle

The Fly
Is he really worth 400m pounds? according to the Daily Mail which had a feature on him titled "St Bono the Hippocrite"which was generally about him having all this money but telling us to put our hands in our pockets for charity,but it did claim he had this amount of money which through his business work could double in ten years. amazing fortune.

I'd like to bet "St. Bono the Hypocrite," has donated far more money to charity, & done far more for good causes around the world than the "journalist" who wrote the article, in that world renowned "rag" the daily mail.

JCOSTER said:
That doesn't mean its cash in the pocket, assets!!!! The article should have been a little more informative.

in that case he probs does have 400 mill , maybe more if you consider everything he is involved in.

When you say that you would think he would have less money than that because of the ONE campaign...If thats really true that hes worth 400 million than that means that he doesnt contribute enough to the campain that he started..:eyebrow:?
Plus I dont even think Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have that much money...It doesnt make sense why Bono would be worth than them because they have been more in that business 20 years before U2 ever started!

tpsglick2424 said:
When you say that you would think he would have less money than that because of the ONE campaign...If thats really true that hes worth 400 million than that means that he doesnt contribute enough to the campain that he started..:eyebrow:?
Plus I dont even think Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have that much money...It doesnt make sense why Bono would be worth than them because they have been more in that business 20 years before U2 ever started!

kieth and mick have either drank their fortune or injected their fortune lol.

tpsglick2424 said:

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if Bono was worth more than these two. The Stones had for many years a really crappy recording deal, and a very poor royalty rate. As well, the didn't (and I think still don't) own the rights to all of their songs.
Also, Mr. Jagger has had a couple of rather expensive divorces.
U2 do own the rights to all of their songs, and have for a long time received a high royalty rate (untaxed). Additionally, outside of U2's considerable business interests, Bono has a lot of other ventures going on. He's an extremely canny businessman by all accounts. In the Assayas book, he talked about seeing business as just another way to be creative, like music or art. So that 400 million figure could certainly be possible.

Back
Top Bottom