Bomb - chart position

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeuk

War Child
Only at 4 in Japan - although I am not sure how many days sales that represents.

On a more positive note both the single & album version of Vertigo, and COBL are chartung at i-tunes.

Mike

mikeuk said:
Only at 4 in Japan - although I am not sure how many days sales that represents.

On a more positive note both the single & album version of Vertigo, and COBL are chartung at i-tunes.

Mike

Where have you seen this?? I do not know in which way the different versions(CD/CD+DVD/CD+DVD+book) will be counted in Japan as well in the States or in Europe or Australia.
Consider that in Japan each version takes a distintive catalogue number, so they could be counted separate.
Same speech for the other countries too!!
Anybody could help about this??

Re: Re: Bomb - chart position

CICOLO said:

Where have you seen this?? I do not know in which way the different versions(CD/CD+DVD/CD+DVD+book) will be counted in Japan as well in the States or in Europe or Australia.
Consider that in Japan each version takes a distintive catalogue number, so they could be counted separate.
Same speech for the other countries too!!
Anybody could help about this??

go to www.mediatraffic.de

Mike

I noticed that in the Global Album Chart updated today (for week ending Sunday Nov 20) that HTDAAB is at 39.

It is listed as Universal Japan, so this would only reflect Japan sales.

In 40th place is the Ray Soudtrack which sold 77K in the US alone last week. So I am assuming that HTDAAB sold 80K - 90K in Japan in its first week.

Any idea on how many albums U2 usually sells in Japan?

ChangeTheTemperature said:
I noticed that in the Global Album Chart updated today (for week ending Sunday Nov 20) that HTDAAB is at 39.

It is listed as Universal Japan, so this would only reflect Japan sales.

In 40th place is the Ray Soudtrack which sold 77K in the US alone last week. So I am assuming that HTDAAB sold 80K - 90K in Japan in its first week.

Any idea on how many albums U2 usually sells in Japan?

The Joshua Tree did not even make the top 10 in Japan although there were a few missing weeks here and there in the Billboards I looked at. Still, if it did chart in the top 10 in one of those missing weeks, it was out of the top 10 by the next week.

The Unforgettable Fire peaked at #20 in Japan.

A #4 placing in Japan is GREAT!!!!!!!! I do not think U2 has ever hit #1 in Japan. Japan is a tough market for foreign acts to break into unless your a heavy metal/hair band.

Back
Top Bottom