biggest album sellers in uk 2006?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andyuk

Refugee
does anyone have the top 10 album for sales just in the UK in 2006? Thanks

Up to end of last week :

1. Snow Patrol - Eyes Open : 1.297m
2. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People...
3. The Kooks - Inside In Inside Out
4. Sissor Sisters - Tah Dah : 954k
5. Razorlight - Razorlight
6. Jack Johnson - In Between Deams
7. Corinne Bailey Rae - Corinne Bailey Rae
8. Pink - I'm Not Dead
9. James Morrison - Undiscovered
10. The Killers - Sams Town

&...

12. Oasis - Stop The Clocks : 655k
38. U2 - U218 Singles : 406k

I really like Snow Patrol's album, but I never realised it was doing so well!

Interesting to see that is mostly rock music...

i cant get over arctic monkeys have only sold 1M, dispite biggest 1st week sales for debut album ever, two #1 singles and all the hype theyve had.

& last years biggest album - scissor sisters - sold over 2M copies, as did Keane.

Edge3, is there scope for U2 to climb much higher in the year end chart, or are the albums above it also selling well, enough to prevent U2 climbing.

As much as I moan about the UK music charts, I'm actually quite pleased there such a mix of indie and rock bands doing well in there! A few years ago, that would have probably dominated by bands such as westlife and girls aloud (and I'm sure at times it still is)
Wish U2 was a bit higher up though..

partygirlvox said:
As much as I moan about the UK music charts, I'm actually quite pleased there such a mix of indie and rock bands doing well in there! A few years ago, that would have probably dominated by bands such as westlife and girls aloud (and I'm sure at times it still is)
Wish U2 was a bit higher up though..

Rock and Indie albums have always out sold pop albums here in UK it is the westlife/girls aloud etc who sell more singles though

jimmmm said:
Edge3, is there scope for U2 to climb much higher in the year end chart, or are the albums above it also selling well, enough to prevent U2 climbing.

As Ybird says it'll rocket up again after these last 2 wks. It was 56th the week before last so climbed 18 spots after last weeks mighty 113k.

Last edited:
jimmmm said:

Yes it'll rocket up again after these last 2 wks : it was 56th the week before last so climbed 18 spots after last weeks mighty 113k. Ybird's prediction looks good :

ybird3k said:
id expect U2 to be up to 600k by the end of the year, #15 maybe.

19th according to www.chart-refugees.net

We should get sales numbers once music week publishes for the week. The estimate is about 615 - 625K right now

Pestlife have the biggest selling Irish CD of the year in the UK (again). Given the amount of $$ they have made from karaoke it makes me wish I could put my self respect aside like that !! lol:)

Back
Top Bottom