Anyone know correct Zoo TV gross and attendance figures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slapnutz

Refugee
Anyone? Seems like every u2 book and article I pick up regarding this matter has a different take. Browsing Mark Chatterton's Complete Encyclopedia today in the bookstore I read 157 shows, almost five and a half million ticket buyers, and total gross $155 million. Is this accurate?

Sorry if the figures have already been posted, but I couldnt find them! :(

Last edited:
According to Pimm Jal de la Parra's book, who uses Billboard numbers, ZooTV sold almost 5,400,000 tickets ( 2,4 in US, 2,4 in Europe and around 430,000 in Australia/NZ/Japan ).

Probably, only RS tours Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle ( 1989-1990 ) and Voodoo Lounge ( 1994-1995 ) sold more tickets than ZooTV! Both tours sold around 6-7 million tickets! :huh: :huh:

Vox!!

The Gross in North America from the ZOO TV tour was about 67.1 million dollars.

I do not have the entire Gross for ZOO TV worldwide. I do have the full Gross numbers for POPMART Worldwide ($172 million) and ELEVATION ($143 million). I think the estimate of ($155 million) for ZOO TV is about right considering the attendence and that average ticket price was $30.

Yeah, that is impressive! So I take it the 'only' $3 miilion profit is BS then? I realise it cost $125,000 a day to run but surely they came away with more than that when taking into account merchandise sales (programmes, t-shirts, achtung baby condoms etc). Where's my damn calculator? :huh:

"So I take it the 'only' $3 miilion profit is BS then?"

Correct!

Back
Top Bottom