anyone help with some basic stats for college project on U2 Album sales

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raycoll

Babyface
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but a big U2 fan (coming from Ireland it's hard not to be!). For a college project I am doing I have chosen U2 as my business of choice to write on and am doing some basic research - what I'm looking for is Album sales for ATYCLB by region or country ie US, Canada, W.Europe( UK Germany, Italy Ireland if possible) , Australia , Japan.

If there is album sale information on HTDAAB that would also be really useful so I can correlate early sales with an established Hit Album such as ATYCLB. If you have the sources for the info that would also be key.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ray

ATYCLB:
US: 4.5 Million Approx
Canada:Over 500,000
Europe:4.5 Million Approx (UK:1.1 Million)
Australia: Over 300,000
Japan: Over 200,000

Estimated Worldwide Sales: 12 Million

raycoll said:
Hi,

I'm new to the forum but a big U2 fan (coming from Ireland it's hard not to be!). For a college project I am doing I have chosen U2 as my business of choice to write on and am doing some basic research - what I'm looking for is Album sales for ATYCLB by region or country ie US, Canada, W.Europe( UK Germany, Italy Ireland if possible) , Australia , Japan.

If there is album sale information on HTDAAB that would also be really useful so I can correlate early sales with an established Hit Album such as ATYCLB. If you have the sources for the info that would also be key.

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ray

www.riaa.com has sales database for the United States. Go to the Gold and Platinum database. This is the source that show that ATYCLB has sold over 4 million copies in the United States.

www.cria.ca does the same for Canada.

www.bpi.co.uk does the same for the United Kingdom

www.ifpi.org covers album sales all over Europe from 1994 up to today.

ATYCLB

United States 4.5 million
Europe 4.5 million (includes sales in the UK)
Japan over 200,000
Canada 500,000+
Brazil 400,000+
Australia 300,000+
New Zealand 45,000+
Rest of the world 1,500,000

Combined Global Sales of roughly 12,000,000

BOMB

United States 3 million+
Europe 3.5 million+
Japan 300,000+
Canada 400,000+
Brazil 150,000+
Australia 210,000+
New Zealand 30,000+
Rest Of World 1,400,000

Combined Global Sales of roughly 9,000,000

Sales for BOMB have really slowed down, but its still likely that it will cross the 10 million mark at some point in 2006 which will probably be its peak. Not has high as the 12 million done by ATYCLB, but still very close. One has to remember that the market today is much tougher do to massive file sharing and CD burning which today occurs much more frequently than it did 4 or 5 years ago when ATYCLB was in its first year on the charts.

Back
Top Bottom