A good thing about the country with no tour (as of yet)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Coldplay's Fix You debuted at #25.

Fix You was the second single off their (highly overrated) album X&Y. Let's compare:

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb singles debut position -
Vertigo #5
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own #19
City of Blinding Lights #31 :)censored: )
X&Y singles debut position -
Speed of Sound #9
Fix You #25

HTDAAB's singles have been faring better!

Because this forum is about chart performances and sales.

04072511 said:
Because this forum is about chart performances and sales.

exactly....

...and it also shows that initial worries about 'Sometimes'and 'Citys' chart performance were misplaced, as Coldplay is arguably a more çurrent'band that u2 and U2 has beetin them 2 for 2.....

go the bomb.

please explain the crap spelling and and spacing on the mail above......in holland studying and their keyboards have weird ways of working.

word.

LemonAid said:
please explain the crap spelling and and spacing on the mail above......in holland studying and their keyboards have weird ways of working.

You should see a Dutchie trying to work with an English keyboard. :wink: Or even worse, with an AZERTY one. :crack:

BTW, where in Dutchieland are you?
:)

Because of Chris Martin insolent comments that Coldplay will take out U2 from the greatest band in the planet pedestal.

For the record, I don´t think X&Y is a great album. It´s a good record but cannot hold a candle to U2´s latest masterpiece (Bomb). I´m not alone on this one, X&Y has got lukewarm reviews everywhere.

mucho traffico said:
i think x&y is a great album. why do you care about what does better in the charts?

fedeu2 said:
Because of Chris Martin insolent comments that Coldplay will take out U2 from the greatest band in the planet pedestal.

For the record, I don´t think X&Y is a great album. It´s a good record but cannot hold a candle to U2´s latest masterpiece (Bomb). I´m not alone on this one, X&Y has got lukewarm reviews everywhere.

Here is a marketing fact: If you are the number 1 brand, never try to degrade the number 2 brand. It only calls more attention to the competition and makes people think that #1 actually takes #2 seriously. That said, STOP DEGRADING COLDPLAY TO PROTECT U2.

I actually like Coldplay but that is besides the point. The constant bitching is tiresome and pointless.

LemonAid said:
jesus, ....I meant please EXCUSE the crap spelling....ugh....

..going to bed now.

:|

LOL! You know, there is an "edit" feature you can use to correct your posts, provided you catch the error within an hour. ;)

And it is interesting to see that even the "hot new band" Coldplay is having some trouble with their singles in Australia. In the past, Austrlia has been pretty kind to U2 singles - this is the first album where that hasn't happened. I'm not sure if this is because the system has changed in Australia (i.e., the criteria used to chart songs) or if CD singels have dropped big time there as well. Either way, U2's singles haven't done well there for HTDAAB, which is in stark contrast to prior releases. To see Coldplay also struggle shows that this is not unique to U2 - perhaps it's just rock music overall.

If U2 do tour Australia, it'll be interesting to see what, if any, affect this has on their album(s) on the Australian charts. Given that U2 hasn't hit Australia since '98, I think U2 owes them a visit.

U2s singles havent done very well here because they're not played here. Or rather the single is played but not available for purchase until weeks later. "Sometimes" was played on the radio after the Tsunami but not released as a single until much later at which point it was no longer played on the radio.

I don't know anyone who likes Coldplay so I can't vouch for them. Coldplay sound more like an album band to a singles band to me.

Traditionally, singles are purchased by teenage girls. Neither U2 nor Coldplay are in that target market.

jonnytakeawalk said:

you're not gonna like pop than!

I will go in with an open mind, but X&Y just sounds clouded with too much synth. On some of the tracks Martin's voice goes too high and the synth takes over.

jonnytakeawalk said:

you're not gonna like pop than!

He might, I think it is a very different use of synthesizers.

Pop's great, not one of their best but still vastly underrated. However, it just might be overrrated by many here at Interference.

Back
Top Bottom