3rd week at number 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sleep Over Jack said:
Why do U2 seem to be hitting it so big in the UK with this album? I mean they still have another 3 or so singles to put out yet so this album will have a ton of sales ahead of it..its not like ATYCLB was a sales slouch, but this could be their best UK sales ever!

i think Vertigo is still doing its job: people like it and even if it's fallen from the top spot of the single's chart quite quickly it's still receiving strong airplay (and airplay to me is the only thing that really matters for pushing album sales)

Good point..but the same could be said for Beautiful Day as lead single with a ton of airplay. Its just seems strange (in a good way) that so many people are buying it...perhaps ATYCLB welcomed many turned off by POP (fools!) back into the fold?

Third week in #1 here in portugal :)
There´s still much competition from Seal's and Phil collins Best Of... and we all know that Best Of's are a really good christmas present. But i still hope U2 can stay on top for 5, 6 weeks.

Heres something interesting. the Charts All Over The World page has links to TWO album charts in Italy. One of them says HTDAAB is still #1 in its third week, the other says its #4!

Back
Top Bottom