3 Million By End Of Year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Hmmm.......I didn't think How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb would drop so fast on the Billboard charts........initially, I had predicted that the album would pass the 3 M mark in late July, but does anyone here think that it'll even get there by the end of the year? Even with the third leg in the US, I think it'll be lucky to pass 2.9 M........any other thoughts or predictions based on what happened with ATYCLB?

Let´s see. We have another 26 weeks for year end. If the bomb manages to sell 10 K a week on average, it will easily surpass the 3 million mark. The question is, will such a thing happen, without a significant boost in sales (a hit single)?

BigMacPhisto said:
Hmmm.......I didn't think How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb would drop so fast on the Billboard charts........initially, I had predicted that the album would pass the 3 M mark in late July, but does anyone here think that it'll even get there by the end of the year? Even with the third leg in the US, I think it'll be lucky to pass 2.9 M........any other thoughts or predictions based on what happened with ATYCLB?

Re: Re: 3 Million By End Of Year?

I just hope Bomb CAN get to 3M+ in US. COBL is a classic U2 style US song which SHOULD boost sales of Bomb & the 3rd leg of the Tour SHOULD help (a la Europe, at the moment).

That's the problem........10 K in the US every week just isn't probable.....it'll be lucky to average 5K a week from here to then...

Eh, I don't really see any Grammy awards in the future........then again, "All Because Of You" really blows away other rock tracks.......and "Sometimes" could be able to pull a "Walk On" and win despite not being a big hit.....

I can envisage HTDAAB winning the grammy for best rock album of the year (it certainly would beat X&Y), and possible Sometimes as best record of the year, but not much more, unless the album gains momentum again.
I hate to say it but at this point, 4 million copies in America seems out of reach for bomb. It will definitely sell/shift 3,5 million though.

ybird3k said:
HTDAAB for album of the year.
rock album of the year at least.

fedeu2 said:
I can envisage HTDAAB winning the grammy for best rock album of the year (it certainly would beat X&Y), and possible Sometimes as best record of the year, but not much more, unless the album gains momentum again.
I hate to say it but at this point, 4 million copies in America seems out of reach for bomb. It will definitely sell/shift 3,5 million though.

i wouldnt dismiss bomb out of the running so quickly, the 3rd leg is coming

I agree, it´s a good record, but can´t hold a candle to bomb, which in my opinion is an incredible album.
Eitherway, it´s very likely none of them will get the grammy for best album of the year.

MumblingBono said:
I wouldn't dismiss X & Y. Coldplay have shown that they can pull down Grammys with the best of 'em.

And, it's a really good record.

Back
Top Bottom