Women's World Cup 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kramwest1

has a
Anyone going to a match? Anyone going to watch on TV?

I'm driving up from Minneapolis to Winnipeg this Sunday to catch the Monday matches.

I wish I was going. But i'm hoping to go to one of the big soccer bars in NYC for USA-Sweden which could be just as fun.

This seems like the most unpredictable men's or women's tournament in recent memory. Japan, USA, Germany, France, Canada, Sweden, Brazil, England all possibly capable of winning. Maybe throw in Australia, South Korea, Norway & Switzerland.

Sadly due to the time difference the matches are in the middle of the night here. :( But I'll still keep track of what our girls are doing. :D So proud they made it to the world cup!

It's still far less important than male cups, bbut the media are really doing quite a bit of coverage this time around. So I'll follow what I can, probably won't be able to watch the matches though.

Enjoy going to see them! :D Going to Canada - NL per chance?

I'm really happy that starting next year, we will be able to play with the women's teams in the Fifa series. Pretty cool.

Anyone going to a match? Anyone going to watch on TV?

I'm driving up from Minneapolis to Winnipeg this Sunday to catch the Monday matches.

I bought 2 stadium passes to see all 7 Winnipeg games with a friend. Tickets were remarkably affordable, $270 works out to about $40 a game. Taking vacation days from work; I'm not missing this for the world!

Teams are slowly starting to arrive during the week - I'll be staking out the practice fields (which is also where I play on occasion). I'm gonna be a hooligan for the next few weeks. :mac:

It's just a shame I can't see team Canada play here. I was fortunate enough to catch the USA vs. Canada exhibition here last year, and there will definitely be some exciting matches coming from this group.

I bought 2 stadium passes to see all 7 Winnipeg games with a friend. Tickets were remarkably affordable, $270 works out to about $40 a game. Taking vacation days from work; I'm not missing this for the world!

Teams are slowly starting to arrive during the week - I'll be staking out the practice fields (which is also where I play on occasion). I'm gonna be a hooligan for the next few weeks. :mac:

It's just a shame I can't see team Canada play here. I was fortunate enough to catch the USA vs. Canada exhibition here last year, and there will definitely be some exciting matches coming from this group.

I agree, the price seemed totally worth it. It should be a blast.
My only concern is the possible traffic at the border on Friday for the USA game.

I along with many others, probably know nothing about Moncton. I wonder how those fans will be. They lucked into one of the best group games in England vs France.

Even with the Pan Am games Toronto or Hamilton probably would've been fine.

Yay we won our first match. Friday the match starts at midnight my time, so if I can stay awake I will definitely watch that one. :D

2+ hours wait crossing the border yesterday. :huh:

It was an even split of World Cup fans and Canadians returning home from a weekend in the U.S.

Excited for the matches today. I hope parking isn't too crazy.

I hope to be ripping my shirt off like Brandi Chastain at the end of the game. Sports bra not included however. :applaud:

Fired up for Australia vs USA - hoping for an upset. Catley and De Vanna - Melbourne Victory represent.

Shithouse timing in Australia. 930am in the morning. I'll be at work and a sickie can't be had :(

A draw would be a beautiful result for us.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Ivory Coast is the weakest team though.

Nigeria tied Sweden 3-3. If USA can win they have the leg up on those. Same for those Socceroos.

Ah well - the draw between Sweden and Nigeria was a good result for us.

Let's hope that the USA get three wins in the group and that we defeat Nigeria on Saturday before a likely do or die match against the Swedes next week.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

De Vanna is scary fast for the Aussies. Fun game. Glad the US had a convincing win.
The stadium (FIFA?) was clearly not prepared for this many fans here.
Hoping to get back on Friday though.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Looks like there's a hurricane in Moncton. And looks like its in the middle of nowhere, sparse crowd. Apparently people also having trouble getting to the stadium as well (you'd think Moncton would've been prepared to get people there)

Were there no other bigger cities to choose from? I know Toronto & Hamilton declined for the PanAm Games, but still...Regina or Halifax, St. John's?

Back
Top Bottom