With every sport canned, there's never been a better time to watch AFL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No supporter came away from that game happy :lol:

Glad to see Port giving the Crows a touch up in their awesome guernsey, and awesome to see Gold Coast comfortably beating West Coast at the moment!

Probably the best year to win the wooden spoon but my interest in the sport apart from office tipping is at an all time low.

Port should wear the prison bars uniform on the regular. Not only is it better than the Power uniform, you know that every time they do it Eddie McGuire will absolutely melt down.

Our match didn't start until almost 3 AM so I couldn't watch it. Of course I missed our first win over Geelong in fucking years [emoji38]

We really need to show more consistency. 1 point the entire 4th quarter? What the fuck?

It's great that we know who the worst side of the 2020s is already. Other applicants need not apply.

Everything happened - but the main problem being is entrusting a rebuild to the same people in the admin who presided over the destruction of the club in the first place. Not even Alistair Clarkson could do anything with this.

Last edited:
Destroyed his legacy at the club - probably only second to James Hird in recent memory ...

Blues/Bombers was one of the most excruciating sporting events I've ever watched and I stayed up until damn near 5 AM to do so.

Worth it.

Cannot believe the Suns are actually second right now.

Also cannot believe that kick at the death of Essendon/Carlton did not carry another couple of metres. Ah well, at least it was a close, exciting game, and it's great to just be playing after that covid scare.

Today's news from Queensland is going to give the AFL's schedulers a few headaches though!

Still relatively early in the season, but...WE'RE IN THE 8!

Absolutely terrific performance tonight. Eddie, Martin, Cripps fighting through injury...just a great effort all around. Love this team.

Some great performances from some underdogs this year. Dees had a great win, Suns have been really competitive in their losses. Blues look threatening for the first time in a really long time. Thank god we've got sport to distract us in another lockdown.

Heartbreaking loss, but we really are top 8 material after that. Didn't expect us to get that close and keep our percentage over 100.

Destroy the Roos next week and get back in there.

Last edited:
Didn't think there would be a point where my club would become the worst AFL team of the 21st century - but here we are.

OK, am I just biased towards the team I support, or is the guy getting pissed at 1:57 being a massive tool?

https://www.lions.com.au/video/7835...dal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1595761832001

Is there something I don't understand going on here? I'd like to know.

Part and parcel of sport ain't it? The Lions player rammed the Melbourne player pretty rough and knocked him down, so his teammate stood up for him. Same sort of thing you'd see in any sport I think.

Absolute fucking dearth of posting here, come on people let's sort it out.

Port, Brisbane, and St Kilda are every neutral's teams, probably in that order. They are playing exciting football. Nobody wants Geelong or (amazingly) Richmond to take home the flag other than their own partisans. West Coast exist.

If we defeat Collingwood tomorrow night, we have a shot at getting back into the 8. Will that happen? I don't think so, but Collingwood has been incredibly inconsistent lately (as have we) so who knows.

I think only three sides can win it, us, West Coast, or Richmond, and if it's not played in Perth, then it'll be between us and Richmond. I'm a bit sick of Richmond now as well. Port are pretenders in my eyes, Brisbane very much up there but not yet mature enough for a flag.

Part and parcel of sport ain't it? The Lions player rammed the Melbourne player pretty rough and knocked him down, so his teammate stood up for him. Same sort of thing you'd see in any sport I think.

Haha, I missed that someone eventually answered me.

IDK, the hit didn't look that hard to me, like I said, I was probably being biased.

And now I'm talking about some random event from a month's old match.

Brisbane is so much more talented than nearly any other team in the competition but they can't kick straight. Their percentage is a shadow of what it could be if they weren't awful at set shots.

I don't know about "so much more", I think Richmond and West Coast cover the Lions pretty comfortably, as do GWS when they're on, but if it all clicks for Brisbane, which it should in a year or two, they'll be pretty damn good.

The AFL Grand Final will be played outside of Victoria for the first time ever. At the Gabba. Great news for Brisbane if they can make it. Bad news is it's a night game. Makes sense this time around but god I hope they don't make it a night game ongoing.

After so much footy, I can't believe I have to go over a week without a single game to watch.

It's interesting to see how nobody really seems to rate Port, despite the fact they have been top of the ladder all season. Brisbane it's somewhat easier to understand, given their notorious inaccuracy, but I think that is overstated too, as they simply create so many opportunities. I hate to think how badly they would cream opponents if they nailed more shots.

Anyway, it feels to me like finals are wide open. West Coast should turf out Collingwood and I expect St Kilda will ease past the Doggies, though if the Dogs can recapture the spirit of 2016 anything is possible. Harder to pick the qualifying finals. Funny how in 2017 everyone was on the Richmond bandwagon but now a lot of neutrals are bored of their success and want to see someone else succeed—I suppose I'm one of them. Geelong have the ability to turn it on for ten minutes and put their opposition right out of the game, and I wouldn't read too much into their close game against Sydney.

Anyway, as a neutral, Port and Brisbane are the two teams I want to see go far. I also wouldn't mind it if the Saints stuck around for a while.

What am I meant to watch on telly though, folks.

Something I just don't like Port. Can't put my finger on it. I still think they're pretenders. Brisbane, I think they're not quite good enough yet for a flag. I was pretty confident about our chances... until our last two games, which have me worried. West Coast's last few games have been bad too. It's all looking golden for Richmond sadly. I'm definitely over them winning.

Hot take: AFL people excessively talk up the "they just don't have finals experience" thing. Who fucking cares??

Back
Top Bottom