What, No Premier League Thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re the Terry red card:

I can’t see how people are saying it is a clear red.

It hardly constitutes violent conduct. The reaction of Sanchez more than anything influences the colour of the card.

Now, don’t get me wrong, it was utterly moronic to do it. But some context helps understand a bit more.

If you watch the game on replay, Sanchez clearly backs into Terry a few times to prevent Terry getting around him and playing at the ball. This is a clear foul that isn’t picked up once by the officials. I am fairly certain Terry’s knee was to let Sanchez know that he is there, and won’t put up with it, if the officials won’t do their job.

Generally a referee sets the tone of the game by what he will/won’t let players get away with, and if those sort of fouls aren’t picked up, Terry really shouldn’t have expected more than a yellow for his actions.

It hardly constitutes violent conduct. Unsportsmanlike, definitely, but not violent. It definitely qualifies more idiotic conduct.

The final is now ruined by the fact that Chelsea have no defenders left. Ivanovic and Terry Suspended, potentially Cahill and luiz stil injurrd. They will be lining up with Essien and Drogba in central defence.

More fun for Bayern to be had. Kind of funny how the ONLY financially healthy club in the entire Euro league is in the finals, with a good chance of winning.

Didn't catch all of the first half, but it certainly looked like Sir Alex was playing for a scoreless draw from kickoff.

It's pretty much over now. It would be a spectacular collapse if they let the title slip away now.

It's funny that most United fans wouldn't be disappointed if City had just won the game. The course of events couldn't have been any more dramatic.

What a joke. The lethargy of the QPR makes me wonder if the whole thing was pre-arranged, but well done on Man City for purchasing the English premiership! Winning a two horse race is a great achievement.

Just watched a news package on it... I'm not a soccer fan at all but geez I wish I'd watched it. "unbelievable" is way overused in sport but fits here.

I was disappointed I didn't get to watch, as I was in the car. Saw a lot of fuss on Twitter this morning and tried to keep up.

What a joke. The lethargy of the QPR makes me wonder if the whole thing was pre-arranged, but well done on Man City for purchasing the English premiership! Winning a two horse race is a great achievement.
It's as if they thought: Hey, we'll stay up regardless of the result here so let's let City celebrate! :wink:

But seriously, just giving the ball to your opponent after kick-off is weird.

Considering how much you hate English football you certainly watch a lot of it. Stick to your aussie rules egg chasing.

Anyway, as a lifelong UNITED fan, I'd just like to add my tuppence worth, have to say throughout the season City were the best team, even if United did have 1 hand on the trophy yesterday, looking forward to Saturday, come on Bayern!
After that its onto June and the Euro. Champs, hard to decide between Spain & Germany, but think Germany will just sneak it, bad timing for Hodgson to take over really, as I think England will fall at the group stage.

Back
Top Bottom