Vancouver Olympics - Part II - ATTENTION: SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't even know what to say to that - ridiculous. Talk about creating controversy out of a nothing incident. I'm supposed to be offended because athletes from my country who have spent years training are celebrating a win stereotyping me? Good lord.

Wow, the height of stupidity. I wasn't aware that Puritanism was back in style.

Meh, that's Skip Bayless for ya, that's his job. He's developed a persona over the last few years of being the sports analyst everyone loves to hate.

95% of the time, he'll take the objectionable side of an argument or voice the unpopular opinion just to stir up shit. He's a caricature. Don't take what he says to heart. Even though, honestly, he's pretty damn good at his job because he accomplishes just what he's set out to do: piss people off.

Saw the last few minutes of curling. I don't understand the sport at all, as it looked like there were red and yellow rocks in the middle when the match ended, but oh well. Silver is still pretty damn good!

Saw the last few minutes of curling. I don't understand the sport at all, as it looked like there were red and yellow rocks in the middle when the match ended, but oh well. Silver is still pretty damn good!

We haven't been able to get gold from our women ever since Sandra Schmirler, curling giant, died. :(

The stone closest to the center (the button) scores a point. Any stones further out only score if there isn't an opposing team's stone closer. So, going from the button, if there are two yellow stones closest, then a red stone, then another yellow stone, only the two yellow that are closer than the red score.

The stone closest to the center (the button) scores a point. Any stones further out only score if there isn't an opposing team's stone closer. So, going from the button, if there are two yellow stones closest, then a red stone, then another yellow stone, only the two yellow that are closer than the red score.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining! :)

Now it's time to start drinking heavily while watching the hockey game. :lol: Let's see if my heart can handle the stress. :wink:

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining! :)

Now it's time to start drinking heavily while watching the hockey game. :lol: Let's see if my heart can handle the stress. :wink:

That curling match was tough to take, sober. I had to keep turning it off the last few ends. :lol:

Then I would rule in Curling.

Except for the ice part. ;)

:lol:

There are 3 periods that are 20 mins each. 15 minute breaks between.

The breaks are 15 minutes? I didn't know that. :lol:

I was watching the gold medal game in 2000, and decided to get some beer. I live about 6 blocks from an LCBO. So, just before the end of the period, I got my coat on, as the period ended, I ran out the door and to the car, raced to the LCBO. It was *totally* empty, just me and the staff in there, very unusual for a Sunday afternoon. By the time I got my beer and walked up to the cash register, about 20 people came pouring in the doors, they must have done the same thing I did, only I was a bit faster. :lol: Made it back before the start of the next period. Fastest beer run ever!

The breaks are 15 minutes? I didn't know that. :lol:

I was watching the gold medal game in 2000, and decided to get some beer. I live about 6 blocks from an LCBO. So, just before the end of the period, I got my coat on, as the period ended, I ran out the door and to the car, raced to the LCBO. It was *totally* empty, just me and the staff in there, very unusual for a Sunday afternoon. By the time I got my beer and walked up to the cash register, about 20 people came pouring in the doors, they must have done the same thing I did, only I was a bit faster. :lol: Made it back before the start of the next period. Fastest beer run ever!

Normally they're 20 minutes, I think, in the NHL. I only know they're 15 mins for the Olympics because of the 2 hockey games I went to. :)

:lol: Love it - fast beer runs, ftw! :hi5:

Back
Top Bottom