Vancouver Olympics - Part II - ATTENTION: SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol

someone came into my work area and i didn't get to do anything for the 6th goal :lol:

This is crazy! Everyone in my office knows the score by my cheering. :lol:

Oh and thank you NBC for streaming this even though it's also being broadcast. They finally get ONE thing right.

I missed the first 2 minutes because I didn't know it was on NBC. I was looking at MSNBC, CNBC, USA...duh.

It should be mandatory to show the Olympics in HD.

Holy fucking shit.

I had to miss the first part of the game, I walk in and see this. Wow. I'm trying to find the stats...it looks like my boy Pat Kane already has two goals. Is this true?

That's so legit. I had a feeling he was going to explode for a multiple goal game at some point. Good shit, PK.

I don't even know what to say to that - ridiculous. Talk about creating controversy out of a nothing incident. I'm supposed to be offended because athletes from my country who have spent years training are celebrating a win stereotyping me? Good lord.

The woman in the clip is probably right though, nothing would have been said if it had been a men's team.

Party it up girls, you've worked hard, and you deserve it. :up:

Time for curling. :hyper:

I'm a Canadian, and am not in any way offended by that "impression." :rolleyes: At least the woman in the centre was a voice of reason. Yes - we celebrate by drinking beer. Get over it.

People are ridiculous. :lol:

:hyper: :happydance: :dancing:

WE WON ANOTHER GOLD MEDAL!
Nicolien Sauerberij won the giant slalom in snowboarding. Whoa!!! :ohmy:
I believe this is the first time ever we won a (gold) medal on an alpine discipline (i.e. a discipline that does not involve ice and skates). Plus, it's our 100th gold medal ever (Summer and Winter Olympics combined).
She did excellent in the bad conditions (rain, foggy, etc.). :up:

WOOHOO!!!

:hyper: :happydance: :dancing:

WE WON ANOTHER GOLD MEDAL!
Nicolien Sauerberij won the giant slalom in snowboarding. Whoa!!! :ohmy:
I believe this is the first time ever we won a (gold) medal on an alpine discipline (i.e. a discipline that does not involve ice and skates). Plus, it's our 100th gold medal ever (Summer and Winter Olympics combined).
She did excellent in the bad conditions (rain, foggy, etc.). :up:

WOOHOO!!!

Way to go!
I think of the Netherlands, and I just imagine what a madhouse the swimming venue will be for London 2012.

Dutch swimmers and speedskaters--:happydance:

woops
just saw that :D

ah well
i'm happy a non skating event got us the 100th gold medal

and I hope we'll win that bronze :up:

The tv ratings with a USA/Canada game are going to set records.

:lol: In Canada, it will! I read the Canada-Russia game was the most watched sporting event in Canadian history so this would easily beat that.

As for the U.S., it might set 'hockey records' but that's about it.

Anyway, Slovakia's been the dark horse in this tournament and there have been plenty of upsets so I'm not putting my money on those @#$@# chokers just yet! (See what I did there, Iris? :wink: )

I'm glad Skip Bayless has appointed himself to protect us from our own stereotypes. Thanks Skippy!

Who the fuck is Skip Bayless?

I'm glad Skip Bayless has appointed himself to protect us from our own stereotypes. Thanks Skippy!

Who the fuck is Skip Bayless?

if you don't know who skip is, consider yourself lucky.

he's actually a world-class asshole blowhard on espn. his brother is pretty cool though:

Rick Bayless & Frontera News: Gourmet Mexican Cooking - Rick Bayless | Frontera

---

i'm SO going to sochi!

Athletes have been ‘gettin’ busy’ - The Vancouver Olympics - MarketWatch

Back
Top Bottom