Tiger Woods injured in car crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
News – Hear Tiger Panic to Mistress: "My Wife Be Calling You" – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

busted.jpg

Yeah, not quite - US Weekly's cover story - coming out tomorrow I believe - will feature a Las Vegas waitress who claims to have had a 31 month affair with him. Who knows if it's true or not but the magazine is stating they have texts, voicemails, etc to back up their claims :shrug:

The funny thing about words is that they have specific meanings. I use them in conjunction with those meanings. Check it again.

i wonder if Linda Tripp is behind these new allegations.

either way, this is good news. when the case was closed yesterday, i just felt so bad for the media and i thought that they might actually miss out on the chance of ruining Tiger's image.

Ha.

I had this conversation with a buddy of mine this morning. The fact of the matter is that this isn't going to affect Tiger's "image" much at all. Tiger does not and has not marketed himself as a celebrity. He didn't let people into his personal life when he came onto the tour. He didn't let people into his personal life when he got married or had children. He didn't let people into his personal life when his father died.

Tiger's "image" isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a good guy. It isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a smart guy. He doesn't go around spouting his views on things that don't relate to his golf game (he hated being asked about Obama during the last election). He doesn't pop up at celebrity events to let people ogle him. His image is simply that he's the best golfer in the world and no one can stand before him. That's it.

Essentially Tiger Wood's public image is closer to Batman than it is to Shaq O'Neil. As I think about Tiger's situation (and why I would advise him to say nothing to the media), I keep thinking about the conversation in Batman Begins when Bruce Banner is speaking with Henri Ducard. Ducard teaches him, "No, no, no. A [celebrity] is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely." That's what Tiger has done. He's made himself into more than a man. We know very little about Eldrick the human. All we know about is Tiger the legendary golfer.

The only way this situation will affect Tiger's "image" is if he succumbs to media pressure and let's people into his personal affairs. Then he becomes the punch line to the jokes. If he says nothing and comes back and dominates next year, he will remain Tiger.

if she really does have 300 messages from him, I think it's safe to say she deliberately kept them rather than lazily failed to delete them.. :shrug:

I think she deserves some credit for saving them. She obviously knew how this story was going to end and she was going to take Tiger down too. She should get even more credit since this she was on Tool Academy - Tool Academy!!! A show that doesn't exactly display the finest members of society.

Ha.

I had this conversation with a buddy of mine this morning. The fact of the matter is that this isn't going to affect Tiger's "image" much at all. Tiger does not and has not marketed himself as a celebrity. He didn't let people into his personal life when he came onto the tour. He didn't let people into his personal life when he got married or had children. He didn't let people into his personal life when his father died.

Tiger's "image" isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a good guy. It isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a smart guy. He doesn't go around spouting his views on things that don't relate to his golf game (he hated being asked about Obama during the last election). He doesn't pop up at celebrity events to let people ogle him. His image is simply that he's the best golfer in the world and no one can stand before him. That's it.

Essentially Tiger Wood's public image is closer to Batman than it is to Shaq O'Neil. As I think about Tiger's situation (and why I would advise him to say nothing to the media), I keep thinking about the conversation in Batman Begins when Bruce Banner is speaking with Henri Ducard. Ducard teaches him, "No, no, no. A [celebrity] is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely." That's what Tiger has done. He's made himself into more than a man. We know very little about Eldrick the human. All we know about is Tiger the legendary golfer.

The only way this situation will affect Tiger's "image" is if he succumbs to media pressure and let's people into his personal affairs. Then he becomes the punch line to the jokes. If he says nothing and comes back and dominates next year, he will remain Tiger.

i couldn't agree more. i'm a little surprised that he came out today and made the statement that he "let his family down". but i guess the girl must have had enough evidence that he knew he had to say something.

as far as the girl who came out with the allegations, i hope she gets AIDS. people like that are worthless.

i couldn't agree more. i'm a little surprised that he came out today and made the statement that he "let his family down". but i guess the girl must have had enough evidence that he knew he had to say something.

Yeah - Us magazine has the voice mail up on their site. Some other site has another nightclub photo.

All of this stuff that's happening now probably would have happened anyway without the car crash.

'Tis getting ugly, though. I don't like it. I feel for the guy for the reasons Dalton stated: he has always been only about the golf.

That's really nice mikal. Because she's the only one that cheated.

it has nothing to do with the cheating, it's the fact that she had to stick her nose in the public eye to gain attention. it's not like he assulted her or anything. she could have handled it privately just like Tiger and his family were trying to.

Man, listening to that voicemail just made me cringe. Ugh. Hearing the world's best athlete in panic mode desperately trying to plead with this waitress...damn. That sucks that this is all out there now. I feel really bad for Tiger.

The whole thing reminds me of the Kobe thing. I'm a huge Kobe fan, and when that whole adultery thing came out in the media, I was bummed. Similar to what I'm feeling now, being a Tiger fan. But, as we all know, that Kobe thing is pretty much completely in the past and is in the back of most people's memories and he has regained his status as one of the best and most popular basketball players in the world. I'm rambling but I guess what I'm trying to say is that this will be forgotten.

And hopefully Tiger wins the Masters in April.

I like and respect Tiger, so this is more uncomfortable than when Kobe had his thing. I didn't want him to have raped a girl, but I didn't care at all about his adultery thing at all since I think he's a huge prick.

Man, listening to that voicemail just made me cringe. Ugh. Hearing the world's best athlete in panic mode desperately trying to plead with this waitress...damn. That sucks that this is all out there now. I feel really bad for Tiger.

The whole thing reminds me of the Kobe thing. I'm a huge Kobe fan, and when that whole adultery thing came out in the media, I was bummed. Similar to what I'm feeling now, being a Tiger fan. But, as we all know, that Kobe thing is pretty much completely in the past and is in the back of most people's memories and he has regained his status as one of the best and most popular basketball players in the world. I'm rambling but I guess what I'm trying to say is that this will be forgotten.

And hopefully Tiger wins the Masters in April.

i feel the same way. there's no doubt Tiger made an error in judgement. but i personally think that the girl that just came out and US Weekly are 10 times more in the wrong than Tiger.

TigerWoods.com: Tiger comments on current events

:hmm:

Tiger comments on current events

By Tiger Woods
I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.
Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.
But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.
Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.
I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.

That's really nice mikal. Because she's the only one that cheated.

Come on. If the situation was reversed and a man was trying to gain notorioty by talking to the media about how he sexed up some woman, you'd (rightfully) crucify him for being a pig.

Now, I would never wish AIDS (or any sickness really) on someone for being immature, but let's not pretend what she's doing isn't despicable.

Come on. If the situation was reversed and a man was trying to gain notorioty by talking to the media about how he sexed up some woman, you'd (rightfully) crucify him for being a pig.

Now, I would never wish AIDS (or any sickness really) on someone for being immature, but let's not pretend what she's doing isn't despicable.

I like Tiger. My Dad is a fan and I actually play some golf so I watch with my Dad on Sundays when I'm hanging out at the house. I know its his own private business, but as far as the cheating goes, people dont think Tiger is a pig for cheating on his wife? I am not arguing that what the mistress is doing is not despicable, but wishing AIDS or death on her is a little extreme, which prompted my response.

I think she deserves some credit for saving them. She obviously knew how this story was going to end and she was going to take Tiger down too. She should get even more credit since this she was on Tool Academy - Tool Academy!!! A show that doesn't exactly display the finest members of society.

Oh, she's a tool alright. Of the garden variety. How does she 'deserve credit'? No sane mistress believes that somehow it's going to end rosy for them. So she basically fucked him and then saved evidence of it to make some money off him down the road. Surely she didn't believe he was going to leave his wife? I'd bet my last dollar if he did fuck her he did so telling her straight up that they'd never have anything serious.

i hope she gets AIDS. people like that are worthless.

I don't necessarily hope she gets AIDS, not great to wish that on anyone (mainly because if she gets it, chances are the other men she's whored herself with could also get it lol) but she is scum. Like I said, she knew full well she was fucking a married man and that they had no future beyond that.

she could have handled it privately just like Tiger and his family were trying to.

What got me was this statement by her, something to the effect that she truly wished it didn't 'have to' come to this and that she imagined he'd be pretty upset with her but hoped that they could be friends again one day. You delusional nut, no, there will be no friendship, I'd imagine part of his reconciliation with Elin, if possible, includes him, oh, NEVER CONTACTING you again! :lol: Let me guess, you really really didn't want to have to take him down, but you felt compelled to...for the good of humanity? To warn mistresses everywhere that one day the man might fess up to his wife and tell you he needs to stay away? You suck at life, and want money. Period.

i feel the same way. there's no doubt Tiger made an error in judgement. but i personally think that the girl that just came out and US Weekly are 10 times more in the wrong than Tiger.

Well, cheating's cheating, but I tend to agree that there is absolutely no reason for her to do what she's doing.

I guess we now can guess what the fight was really about, then. I'm going to say that after the rumor came out, they had it out and she demanded to know if there were others. He probably confessed to this second (US weekly) chick and maybe more, and she lost it. Slapped him in the face, he walked away, got in the vehicle and she took the club to the back window. Arrest that woman now, officers! :rolleyes:

ETA: I agree with his recent statement 100%, except for the very last sentence. There are 3 people (well, 5 if you include the kids) that he owes a 'profound apology': his wife, her parents, and his kids and any other immediate family. The rest of us can fuck right off. :lol:

for the record everyone, i don't actually hope she gets AIDS. i hope she gets SUPERAIDS!

j/k. i would hope that people know me well enough by now to know when i'm joking.

Anyone else have a cell phone? I do, in fact, it was made for text messages specifically. It holds a maximum of 100 text messages. I'd have to do some fanagaling like hook it up to my computer and export them or something to save 300 text messages dating back 2 years. Maybe more expensive phones save more messages, but it really kindof begs the question why she was saving them all in the first place...did she have plans to out him from the get-go?

I must have THOUSANDS of texts on my iPhone and Blackberry, so this doesn't surprise me at all. I never delete anything (though not for the same reason as this woman apparently).

The fact that she slept with a married man makes her a woman of questionable morals. The fact that she is probably selling this story for a pretty penny makes her an opportunist.

Neither of those things in any way negate the fact that he is a cheater and bears the brunt of the responsibility here. The waitress, though sketchy, owed nothing to Tiger's wife nor his children; he did.

This reminds me of the Brangelina fiasco and how most people blamed Angelina, when Brad was the one who was in fact married to another woman and left her under somewhat suspect circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom