The Super Bowl 43 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurt Warner's 14 point swing at the end of the first half was the difference maker.

And he used to bag groceries, guys.

YEAAAH NUMBER 10 FUCKERS!!!!!! SANTONIO HOLMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drunk:

Great game. I realized right after the opening kick that I really, really, really wanted the Cardinals to win. Underdogs and all that. They were in position to do it, but those two big plays to Holmes on the last drive were crushers. The look on Larry Fitzgerald's face as he was sprinting down the field on his 2nd touchdown catch was priceless. I love that guy. John Madden is a senile twit. That interception return just before half was probably the single biggest momentum swinging play in Super Bowl history. And it pissed me off. Oh well. Bruce was great. I'm drunk. Baseball starts in a couple weeks. Yay.

QBs often receive too much credit for victories, but I'd have gone with Roethlisberger as Super Bowl MVP. Guy was running for his life for about 2/3s of his pass attempts and he still put up 21/30/256/1/1; the INT wasn't his fault, and the TD won the game.

Obviously your television reception was interrupted and therefore you didn't see the same halftime we all saw. ;)

no i believe i saw the same corny shit you all saw, Bruce's voice sounds raspier than my car exhaust, when i could hear him that is, he was barely audible most of the time. I did have the surround turned up i just dont think this guy can project anymore. [/opinion]

Sorry Popwhore, i guess im just not a big Bruce fan. But don't let me take away from your experience....if you liked it then it was good for you :hug:

Roethlisberger and Warner should share the MVP for Pittsburgh. Both were huge contributors to the Steelers' victory.

QBs often receive too much credit for victories, but I'd have gone with Roethlisberger as Super Bowl MVP. Guy was running for his life for about 2/3s of his pass attempts and he still put up 21/30/256/1/1; the INT wasn't his fault, and the TD won the game.

I would have gone with # 92 who intercepted Warner and ran it back 100 yards at the end of the half. That dude is a monster, pluse when Fitzgerald tackled him he landed on his head it looked like he could have been hurt bad but apparently he just shrugged it off. That play was probably the difference in this game.

Great 4th quarter. Having no interest in either team, I found myself rooting for the Cardinals. A Super Bowl victory and I think Warner's chances for the HOF would have been very good. I still think he's a borderline candidate, but a couple more good years and he should get in.

I would have gone with # 92 who intercepted Warner and ran it back 100 yards at the end of the half. That dude is a monster, pluse when Fitzgerald tackled him he landed on his head it looked like he could have been hurt bad but apparently he just shrugged it off. That play was probably the difference in this game.

He was definitely a leading candidate until he decided to sucker punch that guy. From that moment on, there was no way they were going to give it to him. He's lucky he wasn't thrown out of the game for that.

As amazing as the catch by Holmes was, I would have given it to Roethlisberger as well. I can't recall a game where I saw a quarterback escape so many times as he did tonight.

The same way that I'd route myself down to Memphis and kick your ass.
:lol:

Who is this Bigjohn guy? Has he just started showing up for this Super Bowl thread?

Or...have I just been non-observant since my Bears season ended...:hmm:

Anyway, good game. I like Fitzgerald more than Santonio...(boo Ohio State). But Big Ben was the MVP. Nobody could bring the man down. Goodnight

The same way that I'd route myself down to Memphis and kick your ass.
swoon.gif

:lol:

Who is this Bigjohn guy? Has he just started showing up for this Super Bowl thread?

Or...have I just been non-observant since my Bears season ended...:hmm:

Anyway, good game. I like Fitzgerald more than Santonio...(boo Ohio State). But Big Ben was the MVP. Nobody could bring the man down. Goodnight

WHO AM I?! im the one that bought the bathrooms in this joint!

Fucking fantastic game. I watched it at a friend's house, so I wasn't near a computer to make smartass remarks here, but rest assured, the Steelers had my support.

Congratulations to fans of both teams. The Steelers' fans for being so supportive of their team, and the Cardinals' fans for even bothering to show up this season.

well i had pitt 7, arizona 3 for $750 for the final score, so :hi5: for that.

and it was a fantastic game... but i'm left disapointed that the giants put up an absolute stinker, because pittsburgh was very beatable... and it's a little unnerving that in this age of mediocrity a quarterback like ben roethlisberger, who really isn't that good, will go down as a two super bowl QB and probable hall of famer. thank you, salary cap.

other than that... good game, good pay out, great catch by santonio holmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom