The Super Bowl 43 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us long time springsteen fans stop going to shows years ago

and if the Springsteen that first wrote and sang tenth avenue freezeout and BTR could have seen this spectacle
he would have killed himself.

Well, I totally disagree with that.

I don't know if Warner had a hooker last night or just impure thoughts but Jesus sure stuck it to him there before halftime :applaud:

the cards had 2 bad calls against them reversed

they can challenge one more

then the refs can give the game to Pittsburgh.

(bookies got to cover the vig)

I have zero financial or rooting interest in this game. I don't think any of the penalties against the Cardinals were bad calls except possibly for the most recent roughing-the-passer call (which I haven't yet seen on replay).

I would also guess that to the extent that the major sports books have unbalanced action on the game, they would have received more wagers on the Steelers and thus want the Cardinals to win.

fair enough

I realize there can not be unlimited challenges.

I just think if the Cards challenge one more and they win that one, too.

They should still have one more.

The roughing-the-passer call looks pretty poor to my eye upon review.

I do think the challenge rules need to be overworked, because as it is referees are biased in favor of allowing a play to continue if there is doubt over the correct call (and thus forcing teams to call challenges if they are wrong).

The roughing-the-holder call is pretty standard.

Evidently He was just teasing the Warner's. So many prayer's left unanswered.

So sad :sad:

But I'm glad I don't have to listen to Kurt after another glorious win :yippie:

Why was that last play not reviewed? I thought his hand was going forward.

Looked to me like he was leading with his elbow, but the ball/hand itself was not moving forward.

Shouldn't have happened in any instance -- Warner's gotta unload the ball earlier than that.

Looked to me like he was leading with his elbow, but the ball/hand itself was not moving forward.

Shouldn't have happened in any instance -- Warner's gotta unload the ball earlier than that.

Looked to me like the wrist started moving forward before he hit him.

The Steelers tried their very best to give the game to Arizona (Three unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in the last four minutes? Really?), but pulled it out in the end.

This game was awesome! One of the best! The Cardinals gave it a great fight! Harrison's INT/TD return was insane.

The Boss was awesome too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom