The Offish V8 Supercars 2008 Thread - Never matched

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
That's this thread, and the racing.

See V8 Supercars is simply the best form of racing in the world in my honest opinion.

Formula One? Should have called it Bore-ula One. No action.
Nascar? V8 Supercars race on things other than ovals.
Moto GP? Cars > Bikes.
Rally? The cars aren't two days apart.

Often imitated, never matched.

:D :D :D

Anyway 2008 should prove to be one of the best seasons in while, there were a lot of changes during the off season. The main ones were:

Garth Tander from Toll HSV to HRT

Todd Kelly from HRT to Jack Daniels

Paul Dumbrell from Supercheap to Toll HSV --> really looking forward to this one.

Russell Ingall finally woke up to himself, from Stone Brothers to Supercheap

Team BOC are now Holdens,

Cam McConville from Supercheap to Team BOC

And a few others.

Clipsal begins on Friday :drool: :drool: :drool:

And thus begins our Bathurst retribution. Time to wipe that hideous smile of Lowndes' face.

Enjoy everyone!!!

COBL_04 said:
See V8 Supercars is simply the best form of racing in the world in my honest opinion.

Formula One? Should have called it Bore-ula One. No action.
Nascar? V8 Supercars race on things other than ovals.
Moto GP? Cars > Bikes.
Rally? The cars aren't two days apart.

Often imitated, never matched.

I can agree entirely with this.

Your Holden blather, however ... :tsk: :wink:

Ford fans > Holden fans. Why? Because we don't have to resort to childish acronyms. :wink:

Yes, but Holden fans are the Collingwood fans of motorsport. :wink:

Zing!

Seriously, there's got to be a third (and fourth) make of car in there, it's getting mighty dull. I watched the highlights of the Bathurst 12 hour race on the weekend and watching all the different makes and classes, it was like the Bathurst of old.... :love:

:has senior's moment:

I wholly agree with that. I have very fond memories of much more diverse Bathurst fields when I began paying attention in 1997-98. I'm really a Ford fan only by default, i.e. I don't support Holden so I go for Ford rather than supporting Ford in the first place. The introduction of other makes of cars could easily cause me to switch allegiances. I tend to favour drivers rather than makes anyway.

Seriously as if the Clipsal ain't a pain already. They've already blocked off streets for the circuit which is fair enough and a pain to those trying to get to work, but just 50 metres from my office they've blocked off ANOTHER road in the city today to have, get this, a PIT STOP CONTEST!!!!! :mad: Like WTF has that anything to do with actual motor racing!!!

Come the revolution, Tony Cochrane is first up against the wall...

"And These Fucking Cars just keep going around and round and round....oh and there's been a crash, about time something exciting happened this was getting fucking boring!"

Something along those lines......

-The 12th Man

Seriously......people come watch me drive to work in the morning!....I get up to 140 sometimes!

*hope's there are no police on Interference!* :shh:

bono_man2002 said:
Seriously......people come watch me drive to work in the morning!....I get up to 140 sometimes!

:lmao:

You clearly don't drive a Holden. It'd fall apart as soon as you pass 101km/h.

Axver said:

You clearly don't drive a Holden. It'd fall apart as soon as you pass 101km/h.

No offence, but that insult was a bit sucky.

And I'll never understand the motor racing boredom. I love it.

I don't detest the idea of a third constructor, I just don't like it. I've always been a traditionalist, no matter what it is. I still prefer test cricket over other forms, the AFL Granny must always be on a Saturday arvo.

Big Brother is almost as exciting as Car Racing.

I'll like watch the start of a race, go off and maybe if I can be bothered watch the last couple. Everything else in between though....is just boring.

I think I see as I do when watching golf, I like playing golf, but its terribly boring to watch.

Motor racing I'll never get bored of watching.

Daniel I'll take you to Bathurst one day and you'll come back a changed man. In every sense of the words.

Well Clipsal is over, and that prick Jamie Whincup won both races pretty easily, though there was some controversial driving towards the end in Race One.

Congratulations to both Lee Holdsworth, who is slowly becoming my favourite driver, and bringing the glory days back to GRM, and to Cam McConville, what an emotional drive. BJR/Team BOC have had to endure some pretty lean times, for him to finish third in the first race in 08 in a new manufacturer, was a great result. Would love to see a McConville/Brad Jones victory at Bathurst this year.

We had dinner at a friend's place last night and he was telling us about his wanker colleague's new Senator with some stupid kw like 307 or some shit, and we all agreed we'd rather have a Ford up on blocks than drive even a Senator.
:lol:

Sorry, Cobl :D

Oh, and another mate is a cop and his station is getting 7 new Typhoons! And he's transferring to highway soon! It's not fair! There's no god!
:scream:

I want to be arrested so bad.
:drool:

My Dad, sadly, gets a company car from work, but he can only pick Fords. Imagine my disgust at having to drive that thing to Bathurst four years running.

Oh, I forgot to respond to this ...

COBL_04 said:
I don't detest the idea of a third constructor, I just don't like it. I've always been a traditionalist, no matter what it is.

I expect blueeyedgirl will agree with me when I say this only makes you a traditionalist if your memory doesn't extend any earlier than about 2000.

As someone who can recall Bathurst earlier than that, I consider myself an Aussie motor racing traditionalist because I believe this duopoly of manufacturers is kinda boring bullshit. :wink:

I reckon Toyota could make a good fist of running a Supercar, or Honda, though when you think about it, this whole obsession with V8s with a guaranteed fuel shortage coming up is a tad strange...
COBL_04 said:
My Dad, sadly, gets a company car from work, but he can only pick Fords. Imagine my disgust at having to drive that thing to Bathurst four years running.
This did make me giggle... :wink:

Axver said:
Oh, I forgot to respond to this ...

I expect blueeyedgirl will agree with me when I say this only makes you a traditionalist if your memory doesn't extend any earlier than about 2000.

As someone who can recall Bathurst earlier than that, I consider myself an Aussie motor racing traditionalist because I believe this duopoly of manufacturers is kinda boring bullshit. :wink:

Oh yes :reject: True. Well played sir.

I am really not a fan of this pole-to-win-f1-style we've been seeing lately. Not good.

Bloody winterbottom. He may have won the round but he has to live with his stoopid name :madspit:

and whatever happened to adam macrow? he kicked ass in the konica sereis,.

Back
Top Bottom