The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, 2-all in the series, Oz have a chance to win, and I predict they will. :up:

Weeelll... Boucher and Smith both may not play.

And from what I hear Duminy still may be dropped for Prince :ohmy:

Get rid of McKenzie, he's boring as shit and useless to boot

Well, this series suddenly got bloody close.

Doesn't help Australia probably have shitloads of motivation from wounded pride, while New Zealand's trying to figure out how it came within striking distance of a series win.

The 3rd lowest England score ever

and considering they made the game in the 19th Century (i think it was that era), to think of all the innings played before that one in Jamaica
England came up with the 3rd worst ever - at least they will be remembered for something

I bet NZ were praying for Eng to be out for under 26 - they still hold the all time lowest innings in test cricket

Interesting scenario going on here. Match has been reduced to 22 overs a side, thanks to monsoonal rain up there, and New Zealand are well on top with Australia 3/42. Hopes out to a woeful shot, Ponting out to a beauty from Mills, and David Hussey out trying to belt a ball that moved half a mile off the seam to the onside.

But we still don't get rolled by the West Indies for 51 in test cricket.

Oh fucking hell. The game being rained off has to be the biggest letdown. Guptill was playing the innings of his life. He was unstoppable. We were going to win the fucking series.

Declare the Sunday Twenty20 game to be the decider. Come on, today's game was essentially a Twenty20 anyway. Do the right thing, guys. Let's have this thing out.

Also, I can't believe there wasn't a reserve day scheduled for the decider. Sheer idiocy.

Oh fucking hell. The game being rained off has to be the biggest letdown. Guptill was playing the innings of his life. He was unstoppable. We were going to win the fucking series.

Declare the Sunday Twenty20 game to be the decider. Come on, today's game was essentially a Twenty20 anyway. Do the right thing, guys. Let's have this thing out.

Fucking Gabba. Still chuckled when Richie Benaud said he doesn't have the talent or ability to get his pull shots down...

:doh::doh::doh:

West Indies v England test match 2
ABANDONED due to awful pitch!

Delayed and ground change, my friend.

How abouts Callum Ferguson though? :up:

Looks like he's ready made.

One thing I've noticed about state cricket. There are a shitload of quality batsmen across the country. Rogers, for example, is averaging 77 this year and won't be taken on tour.

But there is a sufficient dearth of quality bowlers.

Well, the greats had to leave someday. It will take a while to replace them, let the flowers grow.

Strauss and Collingwood hit tons as Eng dominate West Indies in the 3rd test as it is now

Geoffrey Boycott is hilarious
said the only good thing about Chris Gayle as captain is his beard :lmao:

I put money of West Indies to win the third test, as they were paying $31. Little did I remember that England had already made like 900 runs in the first innings :lol:

Ended in a draw :dancing:

So in the first innings we couldn't even roll an RSA Presidents XI, a side with no player I've ever heard of. :lol:

Meanwhile, in Pakistan's first test in 18 months, Sri Lanka made 7/644, and in reply Pakistan was 7/765 :lol:

There were six fifties, not one century, two double tons and one triple ton for the match. Mendis took 1/172 off 65 overs.

Aussies going down again v SA it seems

The new opener did well....:D

You really like leaping to conclusions don't you champ?

Cricket changes very quickly. You should know that. We went from three for nothing to making 460 odd, and now we are miles ahead. The best SA can hope for is a draw or a washout.

What just happened in Pakistan? Holy fucking shit. That's all I can say.

Bloody Hell.

What does this now mean for the game? I fear the rest of the world will now have to follow Australia's example and that Pakistan won't be playing home games for a long time.

Just another observations....Pakistan authorities suspect this was committed by highly trained professionals. Without wanting to devalue the lives of the security guys, wouldn't trained professionals have actually got to the players?

It's going to be fucking hard for Pakistan to recover from this. Sri Lanka has been through turmoil and recovered, so there's hope, but for the immediate future, looks like "home" for the Pakistani team will be the United Arab Emirates ...

No one should go to Pakistan now

India will be on the blacklist soon - one more incident like Mumbai and they too are gone

All i can say is 2011 World Cup will be in Aus/NZ - South Asia cant host jack all at the moment

India - too much happening
Pakistan - as bad as Iraq
Bangladesh - needs the other 3 countries in South Asia to be ok for it to have some potential in hosting a tournament
Sri Lanka - have their own war going on with Tamil tigers

shocking stuff - i thought Murali and co were gone for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom