The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Onions is a walking joke book. Whoever holds up the 'I :heart: Onions' banner i'm guessing will be MadForIt.

Ha! gotta laugh at Aus today. What the fuck is that team? worse than some of the sides we put out in the early-mid 80's after Lillee Marsh and Chappell retired.

Watson... LOL!!!! scored 60, but fuck he's awful. Honestly, the second Haddin was ruled out I was officially going for Enlgland in this test. There is noone here genuinely worth rooting for. Katich, North, Clarke and Siddle are, but the shit outweighs the good here.

Boo to the selectors. Write it down 30 July, 2009, the day Australian cricket died

^ but that wasnt the point was it. The point was they for some inexplicable reason, love Watson. How many chances does a guy get? I mean, he is a liability just because you cant gaurentee he wont be injured 2 minutes in. Other than that, no matter how bad he is playing or whatever, the second they get an excuse, he is in the team. Hughes was just the unlucky one who didnt score runs in two tests so he got the arse.

How bad is Hussey going? How did he retain his spot over Hughes. Hughes has scored 472 runs in the last 5 tests, in that time, Hussey has scored 213. Hmmmmmmmm

Hussey has played 11 tests to score his last 472 runs. That DOESNT include the abortion that was his effort in the first innings of this game

i'm still outraged he got dropped. he paid the price for johnson's woeful form. watson shouldn't even be a consideration, and border agrees, and hussey is of course a protected species. mate me and you we might be armchair experts but i reckon we'd do a much better job as selectors...

meanwhile inte.. surely you aren't quite so anti-clarke anymore? :wink: i mean come on, he's made it now. though the garbage he dribbles out to the media makes you want to vomit. you look at past captains of the side, border, waugh, chappell, chappell.... they had a bit of colour. clarke is a pr robot.

i'm there tomorrow where england will rack up 500+ in no time
Strauss on fire

Aussies will be 3 down by end of day *

*Weather permitting

No wonder the Poms are increasingly apathetic (let alone crap at) towards cricket when it rains all the time.

I was there today
it was very hot

Saw Lee and north warm up in the nets first thing

Then was annoyed by the 12noon start when it was bright and sunny
Flintoff and broad batted so well
Prior looked great

Johnson was shit as usual
Hilfenhaus was pretty good

Swan is a legend for bowling ponting
ONIONS was pretty damn good - star for the future

Was surrounded by some aussies - they seemed ok. Knocked back the pints. Dressed is some aussie rules gear

Chants of the day

Stand up if your 1-0 up.
Your even worse then New Zealand.
Where's your ponting gone?
Theres only one mitchell johnson.
Johnson, Johnson give us a wave.
Your just a shit, fucking colony, shit fucking colony.
Who are ya?

Probably a draw now

what a horrible country

345166845_f6b0336f57.jpg

Haha, having Liam as an ambassador isn't an acheivement!

Either way, serves the Aussies right for picking the C grade side to defend the ashes. I hope they lose. Stupid fucking selectors.

And anyone notice how Ponting got his record and is now playing like shit? Suprising...................................................?

They ought to get an Etihad Stadium/Docklands sort of venue with a retractable roof.

Yeah, the atmosphere of the crowd at Docklands is far, far below the level at the MCG.

that's why they only play non-cricket cricket there...

they're only going to make on change if they make one at all for friday... clark/lee for siddle.

meanwhile sidebottom is in the english squad

Honestly, Siddle hasn't been going well, but how is he on the chopping block before Johnson. He has been woeful all tour.

If Michael Clarke is not fit, I fear that we will have the unimaginable situation that the selectors put themselves in at the start of the tour, playing all of Watson, North and McDonald. What a joke. Let's face it, there's no chance they will pick Hughes and lose face.

The only other option is 5 bowlers, but when half your touring party can't take wickets, and they are the half that has played every test, what do you expect. Who does Stuart Clark have to root to get a game? Honestly??? How do you expect to win the ashes by giving Hauritz, Siddle, johnson and Hilfenhaus 3 unchanged tests as our 'bowling' line-up.

Clark HAS to play. Leeds doesn't turn. Hauritz is out. Lee almost HAS to play, as the only guy in the suqad that can reverse swing the ball. No-one else takes wickets, sure it'd be a risk playing him, but it's a bigger risk to leave him out and pray for a miraculous and unfortold change in the fortunes and attitudes of our current 4 pie-chuckers.

Hilfenhaus has done ok. But you're on the money. Sometimes to win big events you have to bite the bullet and take a goddam risk. Keeping things the same won't do shit. Clark and Lee in for sure, and send Watson back where he deserves to be.

Hilfenhaus has done ok. But you're on the money. Sometimes to win big events you have to bite the bullet and take a goddam risk. Keeping things the same won't do shit. Clark and Lee in for sure, and send Watson back where he deserves to be.

He has done ok. But at what other era in Australian cricket would he have had a run? Itd be hard on him to drop him now, but honestly, if Clark had been there from the start, we'd most likely be saying right now "thank fuck we didnt pick hilfenhaus".

Toiler, solid reserve bowler at best. Injuries have given him a charmed run. I give him credit for getting his bowling average below 50

Well you make a solid point. Our bowling's that woeful apparently Hilfenhaus is in our four best...

Sam Newman offered Warney a mil to make a comeback :lol:

Saw in one of those framed memorabullabia shops tonight a frame with "action" photos of Shane Watson, signed by him. Who'd in their right mind buy one of him and put it on their wall with pride?

Was also reduced to clear! :applaud:

20 zimbabwean bucks???

harmison in for freddie, haddin for manou and clark in for hauritz :)down:)

the standard of umpiring in this series has been deplorable. there are only two half decent umpires, aleem dar and simoun taufel, but taufel can never umpire an australian test, for reasons i cannot comprehend. strauss' lb first ball was even more plumb than bell's 30 million chances at edgbaston.

what a ripper of a catch marcus north!!

on paper, england's side looks shithouse. bopara's a spud, cook's done nothing this series, the sherminator is a little weed, and the best bat outside of strauss has been your worst bowler, hoppers crossing's own stuart broad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom