The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
5/94 at lunch, I told people we'd win.

So am I, and five laps in and I think Webber's lost it... :( as we know whoever is leading on lap 1 essentially wins the race these days.

Na Weber has it sorted now

Ferrari held up the Brawn's so Weber has it easy now

Even after his drive through penalty

Come on Colly, freddie and RAIN!

Your not singing any more
your not singing any more
your not singing
your not singing
your not singing any more

colly = legend
swann = legend
anderson = legend
monty panesar = legend

they may have little talent, but you cant buy that spirit

muuuuhahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

:d:d:d:d

^

Need I say it AGAIN...

What on earth is Ricky Ponting doing captaining that side? How do you manage a side so poorly that you run out of time? I know a whole session was washed out, but that is no excuse. Why didn't he declare after Haddin got his hundred? It was cowardly and shows no confidence in his bowlers. His management of his bowlers was deplorable. North should never have bowled at the death, and Johnson should be seriousluy reprimanded for his pathetic bowling all match

Ponting is going to retire as the world record holder, with the most centuries and an average close to 60.

Yet he's going to be remember very, very poorly, especially next to his predecessors and compatriots.

One may think that Onions has big shoes to fill, or some other guy will get the position that we don't know of.

Freddy was one of Englands best players currently in the test side.

I want Harmison to come in for flintoff as I assume he won't be fit. wouldn't have thought they would risk him.

although that would leave us somewhat light in the batting department and the selectors might recall Ian Bell :doh:

i've got more faith in monty panesar getting a decent score than ian bloody bell

The second test has now begun. :hyper:

Actually, it's been underway for almost an hour, the Poms have the bat.

Maybe Ricky Ponting can take the match into his own hands and produce some overs of AWESOME MEDIUM-PACERS! :hmm:

:lol: taken a wicket before!

you know what's going to be even more tedious? clarke as captain. will be reading from cricket captaincy 101.

no harmison :grumpy:

FUCK FUCK FUCK

GREAT START to the day

SHIT ending

400 odd is rubbish on that pitch

Hope Onions has the Aussies crying when he bowls

Two questions:

1. Are England the most inconsistant batting team in the world?

2. Is Peter Siddle the ugliest man to have ever played cricket?

Two questions:

1. ATM yes

2. Umar Gul looks like his face was constructed using rendered concrete...

Also there were some gimpy looking dudes that played in the 1800's... but he is pretty close

FUCK FUCK FUCK

GREAT START to the day

SHIT ending

400 odd is rubbish on that pitch

Hope Onions has the Aussies crying when he bowls

Onions will secretly put onions on both the batting creases and cover them with sand so it forces the batsman to cry ... but wait, it could do the same for a bowler. You're doomed, Onions is doomed and England is doomed.

Two questions:

1. You could mount a good case for that.

2. Nah, I don't think big and menacing equates to ugly. :wink:

I remember looking at the England team after the first session on TV and seeing Onions in there, I had a laughing fit for two minutes straight, and you know what?

I eat onions for breakfast.

haha ^ everyone loves a good happy gilmore reference!

So anyway, the fact that England dominated our bowlers is no suprise: Johnson is the most inconsistent bowler there is, Siddle is a toiler, but the pitch was dead, and hilfy struggled with the slope. Hauritz is cooked for the test, and north was benign.

The pitch is dead. This is a farce. England are planning on getting out of the series 1-0. Hope for 4 draws by employing rubbish time-wasting when they can't win, and going all out to turn the screws if they have a mild shot.

Not in the spirit of the game

:tsk:

When will they ever learn? In '05 IIRC it was the mint that caused that epic reverse swing and now it's just simple, old time wasting tactics. I would love to bowl them out for -400. The story could well be different if we batted first methinks.

3 wickets in the session so far, an impressive one. Now everyone's favourite guy Onions is batting! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom