The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling v the LIONS
Hughes had another crap showing
ALL TALK!

we've got Aussie like temps in UK at the moment which might be bad for England

32 Celcius today!

Struggling v the LIONS
ALL TALK!

32 Celcius today!

All talk and a hundred in each innings against the world's best bowling attack at a tick over the age of 20...

Your batting, bar Cook struggled agains Worcs, so that is probably worse tbh

Struggling v the LIONS
ALL TALK!

32 Celcius today!

Big whoop, in late January/early February we had a whole week of 40+ celsius temperatures. Yours is just a typical Oz summer day, as much as I hate that weather. (I prefer the Australian winter)

My interest in the Ashes is at an all time low, just can't find any excitement in it at all, probably another 5-0 whitewash courtesy of Australia methinks.

I'll try and catch some highlights during the week and head to the pub on the weekends for those weekend days

Hughes failed to Harmy - thats a sign to retire

:crack: what.

i can't remember warmth.

To remember that dreaded week of 40+ temperatures I could just eat a boiling bowl/box of Maggi Super Noodles then I wait for that torture to set in (nice meal btw). Of course I feel that weather in my stomach right now after eating it.

Anyways, I love Winter, and I love overcast skies ... :wink:

I should stop getting off topic.

it's just sooooo cold...

wednesday :hyper:

english squad has been announced, looks like harmison's big head wasn't enough to get him a game,

Andrew Strauss (capt), James Anderson, Ian Bell, Ravi Bopara, Stuart Broad, Paul Collingwood, Alastair Cook, Andrew Flintoff, Graham Onions, Monty Panesar, Kevin Pietersen, Matt Prior, Graeme Swann

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25736638-11088,00.html

robert craddock is counting down his 50 greatest ashes cricketers, here's 50-36:

Bill Woodfull
Jeff Thompson
Fred Trueman
Pelham Warner
Andrew Flintoff
Doug Walters
Michael Vaughan
Bill Ponsford
Ray Illingworth
Bob Simpson
Ian Healy
Arthur Morris
David Boon
Rod Marsh
Ricky Ponting :barf:

And the cold is just the way I like it ...

Gee, the Ashes has really been approaching quickly.

Farrrrrrrrk. Ashes is relegating le Tour to SBS TWO. :down:

Anyone know how to get SBS TWO on a set top box? For some reason I cant get SBS ONE or TWO on mine :sad: I wanna sit there all night flippin channels :drool:

you might need a hd tv :shrug: i don't know, i'm just thankful i can watch it this time.

sucks about the tour. reckon cadel can get up or will the drug cheat?

OY
I did the Onions jokes long ago
as i said you Aussies are going to be well caramelised

To be honest, the build up here has been non-existent
I dont really care about Ashes at the moment
Especially as when i come back from work, i'm dead and the cricket is finished by then

AND SKY have taken it :down:

At least you're gonna miss out on the carnage the Aussies will deliver to the poms. :up:

Cadel can get up, but I think Contador will due to the strength of the AstanA team, and him being the best rider.

Fifth currently.

McGrath predicts 5-0. Rodney Hogg says if we win the toss tomorrow, we win the series. If not, he has serious doubt.

LEE IS OUT

I'm so excited

goddam fucking clf

Fifth currently.

McGrath predicts 5-0. Rodney Hogg says if we win the toss tomorrow, we win the series. If not, he has serious doubt.

LEE IS OUT

I'm so excited

goddam fucking clf

McGrath predicted 3-0 over SA in Aus... he is just being cheeky Glenn, stirring the pot.

Rodney hogg is a deadset dropkick. He is criminally insane in the head. (I coached for one of those Shaun brown coaching clinics, and he was the guest, he taught all the 7 year olds about 'white-line fever, and how when he was young, he liked nothing more than hurting batsman. He was proud he once put his gradnfather in hospital with a bouncer)

Lee being out is a shattering blow. He is the only one capable of bowling reverse. Johnson will be exposed, because he can terrorise people on quick decks, but England won't suit him. Hauritz isn't good enough. Clark is still coming back, and Hilfenhaus is not up to the standard.

Siddle will be the most successful with Lee out.

Read back through page one and the discussions on Australia's greatest ever cricketers. I want to see people pick their all-time Aussie XI's. Not just on stats, but character, timing of contributions etc.

1. M. Hayden (103) (bat - 8625 runs @ 50.73)
2. A. Morris (46) (bat - 3533 runs @ 46.48)
3. D. Bradman (70) (bat - 6996 runs @ 99.94)
4. G. Chappell (87) (bat - 7110 runs @ 53.86, bowl - 47 wickets @ 40.70)
5. S. McCabe (39) (bat - 2748 runs @ 48.21, bowl - 36 wickets @ 42.86)
6. S. Waugh (c) (168) (bat - 10927 runs @ 51.06, bowl - 92 wickets @ 37.44)
7. A. Gilchrist (wk) (96) (bat - 5570 runs @ 47.60, wk - 379 catches 37 stumpings)
8. K. Miller (55) (bat - 2958 runs @ 37.97, bowl - 170 wickets @ 22.97)
9. S. Warne (145) (bat - 3154 runs @ 17.52, bowl - 708 wickets @ 25.41)
10. D. Lillee (70) (bowl - 355 wickets at 23.92)
11. G. Mcgrath (124) (bowl - 567 wickets @ 21.64)

12. A. Border (156) (bat 11,174 runs @ 50.56, bowl - 39 wickets @ 39.10)

Coach - Bob Simpson

Hayden for his sheer dominance of all modern attacks. His record as an opener may never be equalled.
Morris for his dominance of England and his genuine class.
Bradman for very very obvious reasons.
Chappell for his record, standing out in a brilliant side. A ruthless captain and batsman.
McCabe for his handling of leg-theory bowling. One of the finest batsmen ever, overshadowed by his contemporary, Bradman.
Waugh as Australia's most ruthless run-getter under pressure, and argueably our greatest ever Captain. Adds a fifth genuine bowler in his prime.
Gilchrist as our finest ever wicket-keeper batsman, with a record far surpassing all other contenders.
Miller with a phenominal record for an allrounder, with a batting average close to double his bowling average.
Warne the world's greatest ever spinner.
Lillee, Australia's most storied fast bowler.
Mcgrath, argueably our greatest and most professional bowler.

Border, unfortunate to not crack a spot in this team. McCabe holds his spot as a batsman with greater potential, who played in a time where it was impossible to play 156 tests. Waugh holds his spot over Border as a genuine all-rounder, and a batsman who was argueably more reliable in pressure situations.

2 hours until ashes!!!!

i'll hit back with that in a second.

warne, wg grace and don were named as the three greatest ashes cricketers.

bopara's useless, get rid of him :lol:

clark got dropped, johnson, eh, hilfy got cook out but it was a soft dismissal, and i have a man crush on sids.

nice side, had to laugh at the luxury of having keith miller at 8 :lol:

Matthew Hayden
Victor Trumper, 3163 @ 39, 8 @ 39
Don Bradman
Greg Chappell
Allan Border
Steve Waugh
Adam Gilchrist
Keith Miller
Shane Warne
Dennis Lillee
Glenn McGrath

12. Jeff Thompson

C. Bob Simpson

Richie Benaud, Stan McCabe, Ray Lindwall, and many more to score, cut oranges, put the cones out...

Hayden, brute strength, could hold back and build, or just launch into it, one of the few who could mistime a shot and still see it sail over the boundary
Trumper, the man died 94 years ago and is still admired
Bradman, the greatest sportsman of all time
Chappell, finished with an outstanding average, debut proved his worth
Border, took Australia from nothing to everything and still averaged over 50
Waugh, the "guts", the "determination", the rag, the sledging, the man
Gilchrist, revolutionised cricket
Miller, we're still trying to find Mk II 50 years on
Warne, the greatest spinner to have ever played, don't even start me on the Murali comparisons
Lillee, just about first picked
McGrath, mechanical and brilliant

Thompson as 12th man because i can, in case McGrath steps on a cricket ball

KP is a twat. agreed.

Can I ask HOW THE FUCK Stuart Clark was left out?

If the logic is Brett Lee is out so we need a swing bowler, fine, but leave Hauritz out. He isn't better than North, Clarke or Katich, just let them carry the spinners load. Clark is probably the bowler most suited to English conditions. He has an exemplary county record, and he seams the ball all over the place. He also extracts good bounce out of lifeless wickets.

Siddle deserved much better returns than he got. He had Bopara shitting in his pants early (the throat ball was gold!). In the end, they have compensated from losing their best bowler, to weakening their attack more... a dumb dumb move, and its why England are only 7 down on day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom