The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll be cryin' for Christ's mercy before the first quarter's over.

No, actually I think they'll try and give it a fight. I don't subscribe to this soulessness that you see in them, inte. They still have more than the fucking Crows.

Yes I agree with Bonnie, can't see why you think the Dees are 'souless', they're quite opposite in a lot of ways.

I reckon they'll get within five goals today.

Where the hell did West Coast come from?!?!?!?

Well, I think it was Neitz who gave an interview after the game and expressed his disappointment over the lack of Melbourne fans at today's fixture. Supposedly only about 10-12,000 Demon fans at the game (rest were all Hawkers, top fanbase they have), despite the tumultouous week (Kennett, Gold Coast and all that) and the farewell to games record holder Dave Neitz.....

hey guys kinda new here:wave:

ive never touced the lemonade stand button in my 2 years on this site anyways i live in melbourne and i got for the tigers, any tiger supporters round?
anyway its kinda weird knowing theres so many u2 melbourne fans on this site (and the rest of australia) its amazing the internet! anyway hope to get to u know guys better in future:)

Hi ultraviolet! :wave: I live in Adelaide, but I've supported the Eagles since I was a kid. I have kind of a soft spot for the tiges though, and enjoy seeing them give better teams a bit of a shake.

I'll be in Melbourne in late June, meaning I'll be going to the West Coast/Hawthorne game at the MCG then. Yeah, you can bet I'm not looking forward to that. :lol:

Hey pat. :wave:

I was a bit like that too, not really going outside of eykiw, but then one day I did and it's pretty much so much better out here.

how old are you?

I like the tiges too.

I really hope West Coast beat Collingwood this weekend. If they do I'm gunna get an Eagles scarf and wear it with pride :D

Mmm true I know.

We dropped 25% thanks to the fucking Pies. when will i stop copping shit???.

You're still copping shit from a match in round 9?....If you think thats bad, imagine if we play off, and manged to beat you guys on that last Saturday in September!

You guys are halfway there however, We've got a LONG way to go. Seriously, the Maggies can all come unstuck this weekend. We haven't won the the queen's birthday since 2003. 2003 PEOPLE!

So I was at saturdays game. My win loss ratio for season 2008 improves to 50% success. 2 bad losses (Hawks, Blue) and A combined winning margin of 186 points (Cats Eagles)....and I'm considering going again this coming weekend.

:scream:

why. why?!?!

it's like youve won the premiership.

the worst bit is i have no comebacks :crazy:

Believe me, when we do actually win one..with or list, I think we've got a good crack at it for the next three seasons....you'll hear about it for months and months regardless of if we beat Geelong or Fremantle.

But don't worry, we probably won't win another for about 20 years after that :wink:

Anyone seen Nick Naitanui yet? I don't know if there are any people from WA posting in this thread, but I'm interested in seeing footage of him play. He sounds awesome.

Haven't seen a lot of hard footage of him I'm afraid... there are certainly big wraps on him though.

Could Robbo's achilles tendon snapping = Natanui to Melbourne??

Yeah they were'nt too shabby today.

Good to see the Blues doing so well, the Carlton of old would have lost that game by 60 points.

Hopin the Tigers would be fighting on harder, but they've been pretty average lately...

And good also to see Jimmy Stynes jump on board at the Dees, fantastic move, never liked Paul Gardner.

that's exactly what I thought Bonnie :lol:

Good to see Lloyd back to some better form, he got four votes from the Herald Sun, even though he only kicked two goals.

Cmon Carlton :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom