The Interference Sports Allegiance Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a problem with College Sports. I would say that I like Wisconsin, but I do like Illini and U of M. Northwestern is one of my favorites, Purdue is cool. Basically, I like anyone in the Big Ten besides Ohio State and Michigan State. Oh, and I hate the Hawkeyes. Boo anything Iowa. So, can I change my vote to Big Ten?

Spoken as a true midwesterner eh?

Sure, that's fine.

I have no idea when this will be done. Most likely after I transition my old computer to my new one. But you guys have been quite patient already.

I think this is a handy thread so I'm gonna revive it. Also because I'm ashamed of my two year old post. I've gotten into more stuff since then so yeah.

AFL: West Coast Eagles
SANFL: Glenelg Tigers
NFL: New England
NRL: Parramatta
MLB: Red Sox
A-League: Adelaide United
NBL: Adelaide 36ers
Cricket: England lol

Stuff I like but don't really support a team: NBA (used to support Orlando when I was younger, moving towards either the Raptors or Celtics), Rugby union international

For the amount of sport I watch I only really support one team, that being Adelaide in the AFL.

I'm posting mine again because it's changed a lot, especially since I follow College football a lot more closely.

MLB: Chicago Cubs
NFL: Green Bay Packers (I still follow the Colts, but not as closely)
NCAA Football: TCU [Big Gap] Oregon Ducks, Michigan State
NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
NCAA Baseball: TCU

Added all of my teams of interest to the ESPN ScoreCenter app tonight, which prompted me to make a former list here. Most of it is informed by finally moving to a legit sports area, although I will list my reasonings for each. Nearly all of them make me look like a bandwagoning asshole, but this thread is to preserve fandom stability. If I start cheering for the Heat all of a sudden, call me on it. No, beat the shit out of me.

This list is in the order of obsession that I have for the team/sport:

NFL - Washington Redskins: I've been an obsessed fan since I was about 8, although there was a period in which I cheered for the Cowboys. I was told this pairing of favorites was asinine and promptly chose the Redskins. No matter how much suffering I've faced, I will never regret my choice: fuck Dallas.

AFL - Carlton Blues: I've really fallen in love with the sport over the past couple of months, and while my reason for choosing them as my favorite team was arbitrary (loved the team colors and love the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air association), the team has really proven their toughness this season. Chris Judd is a bro.

NCAAF - TCU Horned Frogs: At first, I only followed them because Ashley loved them and filmed their games on occasion, but I find their style of play intriguing and their climb to the top inspirational. This is a rock-solid, well-coached team right now, and I'm excited to watch them face off against colleges I'm familiar with as they join the Big East.

NCAAB - Butler Bulldogs: They nearly fucked over Duke a couple years back, and they never seem to give up. Next season very reasonably could be their year, and since I attend a school in the Horizon conference, I can actually attend the games.

NBA - Chicago Bulls: Obviously, they made a great impact on my childhood, but this season was thrilling. I've always been favorably disposed to them, and now that I've moved to the area and Derrick Rose has become a true leader, I can't deny that I would love to start following them regularly.

NHL - Chicago Blackhawks: The 2009 season was obviously inspirational, but they showed major tenacity this year. I have a lot of respect for them and, because hockey is such a blast to watch live, going to one of their games is something I really need to do. Really wish I knew where to watch NHL games though.

MLB - Chicago Cubs: I pity them. Ashley loves them and I have no favorite team, so there you go. Just not a big fan of baseball in general, but I know their players pretty well and have been to a game, albeit not at Wrigley. Really looking forward to doing that.

Least favorite teams:

NFL - Dallas Cowboys
AFL - Geelong Cats (sorry Cobbler, I'm just a hater)
NCAAF - Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
NBA - Miami Heat
NHL - Detroit Red Wings
MLB - New York Yankees

LemonMelon said:
AFL - Carlton Blues: I've really fallen in love with the sport over the past couple of months, and while my reason for choosing them as my favorite team was arbitrary (loved the team colors and love the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air association), the team has really proven their toughness this season. Chris Judd is a bro.

:up::up::up:

I can only encourage others to give it a shot. It's a really great sport, and that's leaving my bias aside.

Boston Red Sox 6
New England Patriots 6
Chicago Bulls 5
Chicago Cubs 5
Boston Celtics 4
Chicago Bears 4
Green Bay Packers 4
Los Angeles Lakers 4
San Francisco 49ers 4
Boston Bruins 3
Chicago Blackhawks 3
Manchester United 3
New York Giants 3
New York Islanders 3
New York Yankees 3
Texas Christian University 3
University of Illinois 3
University of Southern California 3
University of Wisconsin 3
Adelaide United 2
Buffalo Bills 2
Chicago White Sox 2
Detroit Pistons 2
Detroit Red Wings 2
Detroit Tigers 2
Glenelg Tigers 2
Liverpool 2
Los Angeles Angels of Anheim and Various Southern California Municipalities 2
Los Angeles Dodgers 2
Milwaukee Brewers 2
New York Knicks 2
Penn State University 2
Philadelphia 76ers 2
Philadelphia Eagles 2
Philadelphia Phillies 2
Pittsburgh Steelers 2
San Diego Chargers 2
Toronto Maple Leads 2
Wellington Phoenix 2
West Coast Eagles 2
Adelaide
Adelaide 36ers
Adelaide Crows
Anaheim Mighty Ducks
Arizona State University
Auckland Vulcans
Baltimore Orioles
Carlton Blues
Celtic
Chicago Wolves
Cleveland Browns
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Columbus Bluejackets
Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
Dallas Stars
Denver Broncos
Florida State University
Geelong Cats
Golden State Warriors
Hartford Whalers
Horowhenua-Kapiti
Indianapolis Colts
Iowa Hawkeyes
Mary May & Kerri Walsh
Melbourne Storm
Minnesota Gophers
Minnesota Twins
Minnesota Vikings
Minnesota Wild
Montreal Canadiens
Montreal Expos
New York Giants
New York Giants
New York Islanders
New York Islanders
New York Knicks
New Zealand All Blacks
New Zealand Black Caps
New Zealand Warriors
Orlando Magic
Parramatta
Philadelphia Flyers
Providence College
Regina Rough Riders
Rhode Island School of Design
Richmond Tigers
San Jose Sharks
Scuderia Ferrari
Seattle Mariners
Seattle Seahawks
St. John's University
Sydney
Sydney Swans
Texas Rangers
The Ohio State University
Toronto Blue Jays
UCLA
University of California
University of Connecticut
University of Creighton
University of Florida
University of Michigan
University of Nebraska
University of Oklahoma
University of Oregon
University of Texas
University of Virginia
Vancouver Canucks
Virginia Tech University
Washington Redskins
Wellington
Wellington Hurricaines
Wyndhamvale

NBA - Lakers
NHL - Wild
NFL - Pats
MLB - BoSox
NCAAF - Irish
NCAAB - Heels
NCAA Hockey: UMaine Black Bears
Premier League: Liverpool
NASCAR: the Busch brothers

Least favorite teams:
DUKE
JETS
Jimmie Johnson

1. NHL - Montreal Canadiens
  2. Formula 1 - McLaren Mercedes
  3. Le Mans - Peugeot
  4. Int'l footie - England

I guess that I'll jump in here. I was born and raised in Cleveland, so my loyalties are firmly situated there, despite the number of geographic moves that I have made in the last few years.

NBA: Cleveland Cavaliers
MLB: Cleveland Indians
NFL: Cleveland Browns (tepidly)
Footie: Tottenham Hotspur

I watch a lot of college sports, but I do not really have a strict allegiance to any NCAA programs.

I need to add Arsenal to my list.

My girlfriend is a huge Arsenal fan. There were a few times when we lived in London when I was wearing a Hotspur hat and she was donning an Arsenal shirt; people would ask us how we managed to stay together with such divided loyalties. They take that stuff mighty seriously over there.

Same shit happens in the Northeast, like, in Connecticut....Yankee/Red Sox relationships......they rarely last. :)

Arsenal...fuck....everyone warned me that they'd tease me and break my heart....and they did.

:(

See?

My girlfriend is a huge Arsenal fan. There were a few times when we lived in London when I was wearing a Hotspur hat and she was donning an Arsenal shirt; people would ask us how we managed to stay together with such divided loyalties. They take that stuff mighty seriously over there.

My grandfather would not let his daughters date a Collingwood or Carlton supporter.

If I found out a woman I was interested in or vice versa was a Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, or Dallas Cowboys fan, I would not even give her the time of day*.

*Depends on her hotness, of course. :wink:

I'm way too cynical about my own sports teams for that to get in the way of a relationship. Bring on a girl who is a New York fan, I don't mind.

Most of the people around here that I know to be Dallas Cowboys fans are indeed lower lifeforms, so my irrational biases actually have some basis there. I'm sure most have evolved beyond that stage, but considering I was observing the same thing back in Maryland, I just don't know. I try to keep an open mind. As far as other fanbases go, I hate the Eagles' because their irrational behavior scares the shit out of me. And, while I don't have any personal vendetta against them, the Yankees probably have the greatest number of fans that have no idea what a baseball looks like in all of the MLB.

If I found out a woman I was interested in or vice versa was a Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, or Dallas Cowboys fan, I would not even give her the time of day*.

*Depends on her hotness, of course. :wink:

l_30b069d800a133d9fdf0187c71ffa211.jpg

Leafs_girl.jpg

68.jpg

Back
Top Bottom