The Interference Sports Allegiance Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, didn't notice PFan's ok:

MLB: Chicago Cubs
NFL: Green Bay Packers, Indianapolis Colts
NCAA (Baseball and Football): uh...does TCU count? I do follow them, not just cause I go here.

Here's me (I dig this thread by the way):

MLB - Chicago White Sox
NFL - Chicago Bears
NBA - Chicago Bulls
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NCAA - University of Illinois

Those are my diehards.

And because my brother is a fan of them, I casually root for the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA and the UCLA Bruins in NCAA sports.

Someday, I am going to seriously start following Hockey, then I will be a Blackhawks fan, and whenever I get around to soccer, Chicago Fire.

No offense to anyone who's posted in this thread, but for the life of me I cannot understand how someone can root for two teams. I mean, pick a team and cheer for them.

If the NFL decided to come to Montreal, for example, I wouldn't stop supporting the 'Niners just because there's a team here.

NFL Football: Indianapolis Colts
MLB Baseball: Seattle Mariners
NCAA Football: Iowa Hawkeyes
NCAA Baseball: Creighton Bluejays, Miami Hurricanes if Creighton is out of it
NCAA Basketball: Creighton Bluejays
NCAA Volleyball: Nebraska Cornhuskers
Women's Tennis: Jankovic

No offense to anyone who's posted in this thread, but for the life of me I cannot understand how someone can root for two teams. I mean, pick a team and cheer for them.

If the NFL decided to come to Montreal, for example, I wouldn't stop supporting the 'Niners just because there's a team here.

Eh, I don't know, I guess I don't find it so hard since the teams are in two different leagues. They rarely, if ever, play each other, so I've never had a conflict in liking both of them occur. I do like Green Bay a great deal more than the Colts, but I like the Colts a great deal. :shrug:

MLB: NY Yankees
NFL: Steelers, but strong affinity for the Giants, too, despite BoMac's protestations. Clearly, though, Steelers are my favorites.
NHL: Islanders
NBA: 76'ers
College Football: Michigan
College Basketball: Virginia, St. John's

Oh I forgot to add my Hockey team!

Hockey: Chicago Wolves

:love::love:

Eh, I don't know, I guess I don't find it so hard since the teams are in two different leagues. They rarely, if ever, play each other, so I've never had a conflict in liking both of them occur. I do like Green Bay a great deal more than the Colts, but I like the Colts a great deal. :shrug:

I understand what you're saying, and I respect it, I just don't understand it.

MLB: NY Yankees
NFL: Steelers, but strong affinity for the Giants, too, despite BoMac's protestations. Clearly, though, Steelers are my favorites.
NHL: Islanders
NBA: 76'ers
College Football: Michigan
College Basketball: Virginia, St. John's

Again, no protestation, I just don't understand it. :shrug:

MLB: Red Sox
NFL: Pats
NBA: C's
NHL: B's
NCAA: Providence College (basketball, hockey)
NCCA football: Rooting interest in Florida since the days of Shane Matthews and Miami since the Gino Torreta days
Premiership: Liverpool
World Cup Soccer: USA and England

NFL: New York Giants

I was hoping you might have come to your senses in the offseason :sad:

NHL: Vancouver Canucks
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
NCAA Football: Arizona State Sun Devils

International sports: Canada, or usually Ireland if Canada's not competing (soccer, rugby, etc)

AFL - Sydney Swans
thebirdman.gif

A-League - Sydney FC
EPL - Liverpool FC

I'm still searching for a good baseball team.

Back
Top Bottom