The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the end, she was na hope.

I think Tomic is spooked, in my esteemed opinion.

But apart from the fact he's not playing very well, I really don't see what is so "dreadful" or "boring" about his game. At all. Please elaborate.

His forehand, his slices, his backhand. It's just so ... bland. It's unique, different, yeah ... but still it's not what you'd call 'beautiful tennis'. That is exactly what Goderer is showing.

Last year he begged for a WC entry to a challenger event in the US at the last minute, got accepted, refused to hit with juniors and retired at 5-2 down due to "illness". Later he posted that he was going to a Flo Rida concert.

That's just one example.

I think you're being a bit anti.

No doubt Federer is a delight to watch though.

I can kind of appreciate where he's coming from though ... I mean, I know very little about tennis or proper technique, but I'm sure some people who don't watch much cricket would be similarly baffled by why we think certain batsmen are pretty shit and have a bad technique. I thought David Warner just played an ugly, slogging style of batting until the current Test series; more casual fans were just cool with the fact he whacked some fours and sixes in T20. So I can get why Vlad might be highly critical of Tomic even if he doesn't seem too dull and horrible to us.

Port 04?

PtA_WilliamsTie_246.jpg

Back
Top Bottom