The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Meh, so what? I'm getting right into it now, will probably follow some of the smaller tournaments a lot more this year. Thinking about getting a TennisTV account when I have some money free, to watch games live, highlights ect. It sounds worth it.

I reckon that'd be pretty great.

I would probably do something similar in the future but not this year considering I have *that* year.

I admire your effort but that has been such an overdone joke the past few days that it's not even close to being funny anymore.

I liked that "it will be a racquet".

And I'm sorry, but excessive grunting and shrieking is part of the reason why I don't really follow the tennis.

If you don't like it go into a time machine back 20 years ago and take it up with Monica Seles. :wink: And she wasn't even the first player to grunt.

For them, it's a been a part of their game since when they began playing. Nothing's going to change it. Like Courier said last night, if you want to stop it, then try to prevent it in further generations. That's the most sensible thing to say regarding the topic, and it shouldn't be limited to just the women either.

Shocked to see Murray fight back from 5-2 down in the 5th set...but not shocked to see him piss it away at 5-5 and holding 2 break points.

The grunting isn't restricted to the women either. Djokovic vs Ferrer in the QF's being a case in point.

I don't really mind who wins now. I'll probably want Nadal over Djokovic based on how much of a sooky la la Novak has been over the past 6 months or so, feigning injuries and breathing difficulties to excuse himself when he loses points.

Azarenka vs Sharapova could go either way. I don't have anything for or against either player, so let's just hope it's a decent match that goes to 3 sets.

I went to the Open 4 times this year. A membership might be worth looking into:

Maria is much more physically attractive and personable than Vika, so she's probably leading a happier life in general. And that's all that really matters. So, she wins in the end.

That was an epic match. Both players are great and deserving of respect. I just wish Nadal didn't get tired towards the end.

Managed to catch the last few points.

Wish I would have been able to see more.

Men's final was one of the best ever. That was all about the will and the heart. Seeing match enter the 5th set I really gave advantage to Rafa considering he had 1 more day of rest and a much less physical semi's than Novak. However, i am thrilled that Djoko found that last bit of strength in him and pull of an amazing win. I got tired just watching that - can't imagine how they felt after 6 hrs. of power hitting.

I actually got bored with this match, and I think it had everything to do with Channel 7 commentary. If your in twitter land you gotta follow 'Not Bruce McAvaney' (more so the aussies in this thread) He's very funny.

I watched until 2-2 in the fourth set tiebreak, it was amazing but I just could not stay up for any longer.

Was a great final, but there are some nonsensical claims from commentators claiming it to be one of the best matches ever. Not sure about that. Nadal-Federer was a better Aus Open Final in my opinion, not to mention the Federer-Roddick, Nadal-Federer finals at Wimbledon and Federer-Del Potro at the US Open.

The lack of coverage on Pay TV = Fail. I think we usually get to see the semis and the final. Saw a bit of Roddick V Federer at Madison Square Garden, looked pretty cool. The other day.

Back
Top Bottom