The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That match was the best I've seen her play. Did just about everything right starting from targeting Lolsur's backhand.

I agree. Her unforced errors were due to over-eagerness, and not the rashness so typical of her. Ecstatic for her, but I do feel for Stosur. The most likable, successful Australian tennis player since RafteR.

Fuck I hate Hewitt. He gets two sets to love up and then always seems to drop the next two sets for fun. Hack. Hope he gets slammed 6-0 in the fifth, though I'm sure he'll win it 7-5 or something.

> Hewitt wins over talented 21 year old in his second GS match after trailing in the fourth
> OMG LLEYTON YOU LEGEND! BEST COMEBACK EVER!

/cobbler

I don't like it when you mimic my football watching reactions, Cobbler. :wink:

You so Strayan, m0it!

Crowd cheering for double faults, classy.

I'd be doing it if hes the kinda guy that has injury time outs all the time.

Man I wish I lived in Melbourne right now, grab a ground pass and head for the tennis for a couple of hours after work. Its not the same as watching on zooTV

I'd love to go in a year or two, but I'd actually rather go to Wimbledon.

Haha yeah I often here a few U2 songs. COBL is usually one of them played during the Open. Among Elevation ect.

Even Tori gets a run, every year.

Edit: Schiavone is out!

Tomic v. Dolgopolov in R3. The player with the most dreadfully boring game against the player with one of the most exciting who also has the tendency to drag matches out to 5 for no reason. Winner will get crushed by Olderer.

Considering grabbing an expensive ticket to the open off ebay for Friday night/Saturday/Saturday night , depending on which session is more appealing. :hmm:

It was fun watching Azarenka destroy Dellacqua without really raising a sweat. Strong lulz being had at the drunk bogans in the crowd, Vika took it well.

I was at this match. Shockingly disrespectful the fans were, condoned from all corners of the stadium it seems.

Dellacqua is an interesting case. She spent the last 6 months piss farting around at rock-bottom $10,000 ITF events, winning pretty much all of them. This took her to places like Bendigo, Bundaberg and Kalgoorlie. Still did enough to get her ranking high enough to be in amongst it for an Aus Open berth.

She's pretty much gone from playing #1092 in the world to playing #3

And then she beats a talented but a bit of a headcase youngster Jovanovski in straight sets ... something I did not expect at all.

Back
Top Bottom