The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^he's like the only one to beat him in a major recently though.

Gavrilova fucking rules.

Will be interesting to see how Tomic goes. He had a dig at Federer so I hope gets beaten 6-0 6-0 6-0.

lmao @ Tomic having a go at a 35-year old Federer for not being Djokovic when he is in his physical prime. :lol:

He played well but it was still a straight sets loss.

I have to say though I get very annoyed at the reaction to Tomic and Kyrgios overall. Yes they are both brash and can say and do some dick-ish things at times but it's the first time in fucking years that we've had threatening male players. Personally I'm much more interested in watching Aussies do well than cutting them down for behaviour that hundreds of tennis players before have shown.

He played well but it was still a straight sets loss.

I have to say though I get very annoyed at the reaction to Tomic and Kyrgios overall. Yes they are both brash and can say and do some dick-ish things at times but it's the first time in fucking years that we've had threatening male players. Personally I'm much more interested in watching Aussies do well than cutting them down for behaviour that hundreds of tennis players before have shown.

Issue is the likable Australian players who have had some sort of prominence recently are just honest triers like Duckworth and Millman, and I happily support both guys.

Both Tomic and Kyrgios are imbeciles in the Australian international cricketer mould.

This match is on in about 4 hours, right?

Pretty much, 7pm AEDT (local time).

Thanks! I keep typing into Google "What time is it in Australia now" and trying to math, but it's always nice to have solid confirmation.

I used to have it down, that Australia was 7 hours behind us tomorrow, but then I moved to a new time zone, and my brain never quite clicked into what the time difference now was.

I suppose if it's 4:40 PM there fight now, that would make it 5 hours behind, tomorrow.

I'm excited. Only been watching since last year, but he's a crazy player. Which is a good reason why he hasn't won a major yet, tbh. He's wild, but fun to watch.

Only Federer could make someone as likeable as Novak unlikeable. There's not a tennis player in my living memory who Australians love as much as Fed, and that includes Australian players. It's phenomenal.

Hoping Raonic can beat Murray. Like Andy a lot but have always found his style isn't conducive to good-to-watch tennis. He would take Novak, who will win comfortably, deeper, but I'd be pretty happy if Raonic won and managed to steal a set off Djokovic.

That was a great result for you, for me, for everybody, for the tennis ... /Henri Leconte

Absolute belter of a final. Great to see Kerber as a first time winner. Wonder if she can build on it to win a handful of more Grand Slams over the next few years - she's definitely capable of becoming #1 and surpassing Williams.

Not really all that enthused about Djokovic vs. Murray tonight. We've been here plenty of times before and I can't help but feel that the result will be very similar.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Absolute belter of a final. Great to see Kerber as a first time winner. Wonder if she can build on it to win a handful of more Grand Slams over the next few years - she's definitely capable of becoming #1 and surpassing Williams.

She's definite quality but she's really not the sort of player that can or will dominate the tour. Distance between her best and worst is too great, and much is dependent on how her serve goes (for most of this tournament it has been very strong).

That's his older, much less talented brother, Cobbler.

The young Zverev lost to Nadal in 5 last night.

Mischa Zverev is basically the professional version of that typical club player who can't hit his strokes properly but still manages to frustrate the hell out of you.

Oh shit I didn't even know there were two!

I feel like you have to be reasonably good at tennis to beat Murray Vlad. Does he vote for AfD or something? Why do you hate him?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Back
Top Bottom