The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewitt wins by being almost completely reliant on Federer's errors, a sad day for the sport when a weaponless pusher like Lley Lley wins.

Hewitt is teaming up with Rafter for the doubles! Fucking awesome haha.

Barty just got demolished by the best female tennis player ever, and Baghdatis is out in the first round at Melbourne for the first time. A shame, always liked him and his pugnacious spirit.

Tomic retires after losing the set. What a generous bloke saving Nadal all that trouble.

Outrageously hot yesterday, explaining the spate of retirements across Melbourne Park. Should have been called off on some of the show courts.

who the fuck is watching the tennis right now???? Nick Kyrgios!! how have we not heard of this bloke? he's got swagger, leads Paire 7-6 7-6 2-1

Vlad you watching/seen him before? He won the second set with an absolutely filthy half-volley.

Yeah, been watching this one from the start. Like a younger Tsonga, Bernard Spudic eat your heart out.

Paire is pretty awful for a top 30 player (no decent forehand) but this is very impressive nonetheless.

Paire's played some really good, smart shots. They were equal on total points won a couple of minutes ago. Kyrgios plays with reckless, youthful, nothing-to-lose abandon, which is why he's hit way more unforced errors. You heard of him before?

He won last year's AO juniors final against Kokkinakis. Also beat Stepanek at RG.

It's a sound opinion, but Nick looks like he's got little left in the tank, cramp or not.

On another note I'm sick of Ch7 giving air time to those imbecilic fanatics.

I'm sick of Ch7 pretending that they are showing things live and why would you have those ignoramuses Griggs and McLachlan on your sports team. Where the hell is Roberts this year?

Heading in to use the last of my three-day ground pass today. Weather has been such a downer this year. A lot of will they or won't they as to whether you'll see any action. I could only endure three hours on Tuesday.

I usually love a good upset, bit shattered Del Potro has been eliminated . Want him to reach #1 ultimately. Has never established any real consistency since injuries hampered him after his US Open triumph.

Don't like the look of him, nor really his style of play, and for his height and size and talent he just seems to have consistently underachieved.

First time ever at the tennis today... of course, I didn't see a single ball, spent the whole arvo in the Heineken beer garden. Was good though, Ivanovic's upset of Williams was incredible, Serena choked hardcore.

Loved it, and have to say, it's probably better than going to the cricket. Will definitely be back.

And you went during the 4th round! Try and get a weekday off in the first week and you can catch some high stakes singles action on the wee outer courts. Always great fun following players with lower rankings. And then hit the beer garden from 6pm until midnight.

We really are quite privileged to have one of only four Grand Slam tournaments on our doorstep. It really is one of the best times of year!

First time ever at the tennis today... of course, I didn't see a single ball, spent the whole arvo in the Heineken beer garden. Was good though, Ivanovic's upset of Williams was incredible, Serena choked hardcore.

Loved it, and have to say, it's probably better than going to the cricket. Will definitely be back.

Serena didn't lose it or 'choke.' Ivanovic won it and the match was played on her terms.

Awesome pic from HS tog Wayne Lubdey

Bea5WfLCEAAX2Q1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom