The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tippo's glasses look so stupid.

This chair umpire has umpired every game of tennis I've ever seen.

There should be flags for all.

Cmon Hewy #gotheaussiebutyourestillaflog

People actually expecting Hewitt to win against a top 10 player at a GS these days were mad.

Shame to see Millman lose to a player he had disposed of easily in Brisbane, one of the few likable Australians around.

Federer's wasting so many break point chances otherwise the match would be done by now.

The malnourished elf on the end of some lucky net cords. God forbid he wins a slam.

He's just so easy to despise. I feel bad for hating on Hewitt in the past now.

Did anyone stay up to see Djokovic and Wawrinka last night? I didn't watch it, although I wish I had since I was awake anyway. Sounded pretty epic... I loved Djokovic's match against Stepanek the other day.

Also, I'd love for the commentators to ask one of these Fango questions about which player's outfit the viewers like the best during one of the men's matches.

I watched the last 10 min of the fourth and until about 9-9 in the fifth before I got too tired. Pretty epic but I don't know about all these "best match I've ever seen" calls. Both of them won their service games pretty easily all night.

I watched the last 10 min of the fourth and until about 9-9 in the fifth before I got too tired. Pretty epic but I don't know about all these "best match I've ever seen" calls. Both of them won their service games pretty easily all night.

There were 14 breaks of serve all night, plus numerous tough service games.

That their service games weren't held 'pretty easily all night' like you said.

Raonic serving 210kmh bombs regularly. Just served one that went at 233kmh. Wowee.

Maybe if it was served at the body, a full blown body serve, and it wouldn't surprise me if it left a noticeable mark at all.

Federer/Tsonga was fantastic.

I love watching Tsonga when he's able to utilize that serve and that big forehand to overpower the opponent. But he just wasn't quite consistent enough with them last night. The serve went away at times. And Fed is all too consistent. Good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom