The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure I'd call Freo one of the bigger winners. The Freo fans I know are very upset about Weller.

If you ever complain about Lever again I'm going to cut your testicles off.

Anyway. What a fucking insane last hour. I have absolutely no idea why they insist on dragging this out over two weeks given 90% of the deals get done in the last hour.

So happy we've got Ablett back :love:

Summary.....

ADELAIDE
IN Pk12, Pk39, Gibbs, Gibson
OUT Lever, Wigg, Pk16, Cameron

BRISBANE
IN Pk18, Hodge, Cameron, Pk25, Pk40
OUT Rockliff, Pk12, Scache

CARLTON
IN Pk10, Lobbe, Kennedy, Lang
OUT Gibbs, Pk28, Pk58

ESSENDON
IN Smith, Pk24 Saad, Stringer
OUT Pk11, Pk25, Pk30

FREMANTLE
IN Pk40, Pk66, Wilson, Pk2, Matera
OUT Weller, Balic, Crozier, Pk41

GEELONG
IN Ablett, Pk24
OUT Pk19, Lang, Motlop

GOLD COAST
IN Weller, Wigg, Young, Pk41, Pk19
OUT Saad, Matera, Ablett, Pk24

GWS
IN Pk28, Pk57, Pk11
OUT Smith, Wilson, Kennedy, Pk24

HAWTHORN
IN Impey
OUT Pk33

MELBOURNE
IN Balic, Pk31, Lever
OUT Watts, Pk66, Pk10

PORT
IN Rockliff, Pk33, Motlop, Watts
OUT Trengove, Impey, Ah Chee, Pk31, Lobbe, Young

BULLDOGS
IN Trengove, Crozier, Pk30, Scache
OUT Stringer, Pk40

Biggest winners for mine are Port, Freo, Carlton and Essendon. Biggest losers Adelaide.

Nah, clearly GC. We paid too much for Gibbs but won every other trade we had. 12 for Cameron is brilliant.

Not sure I'd call Freo one of the bigger winners. The Freo fans I know are very upset about Weller.

They got pick 2! PICK 2!

They got pick 2! PICK 2!

Sure, but the argument these folks are making is that Weller had obvious potential to be a big part of the club's future and had already been developed, while who knows if pick 2 will come off and, if they do, that won't be for some time down the track.

I can see where they're coming from, even if this could work out very well for them in the longer term.

I would have liked the Premiers (how I do enjoy saying that) to have had a crack at Schache.

Yes, we were not reliant on key forwards as part of our success this season, but he would have been a good succession plan for Riewoldt and we would have been able to frame a Plan B around him.

Can't believe Hodge is at Brisbane - staggering.

Can't say I'd ever even heard of the guy.

Though that piss delivery company sounds faintly familiar.

Regardless of how this first match shakes out, and I do sincerely doubt that we have the horses to keep up with the reigning premiers for another two quarters, that was a terrific first half performance. Proud of my club for showing up confident and prepared against the best and, even more so, taking the lead back after things got level.

Last edited:
FOOOOOTTTTYYYYYY

Those first few minutes of the season were like a bad dream though.

Fuck!

Make that mark instead of slipping in front of it and who knows what happens next. What a great match though.

Richmond finding a higher gear now. Or, perhaps, Carlton find themselves unable of staying in the same gear as the Tiges.

Hell of a lot more entertaining than the Grand Final was :lol:

Charlie Curnow, who's really coming into his own, had a productive night with deadly accuracy, 5.0. We kicked great in general but struggled to secure marks down the stretch and left too many defensive holes.

Last edited:
Curnow absolutely looks like he's becoming the sort of player Carlton needs.

I look forward to him having a breakout season, only to be traded to West Coast.

:lol: good one.

Great game, although I could only watch the first half as I had an early flight this morning.

should we do tips? we can just keep a running tally going in this thread. maybe everyone can put in $50 or some shit to make it interesting.

I set up tipping on the official AFL thing yesterday. Not sure what happens if you register late. Probably get given the home team for the first game?

Butler played his best game for us. Was instrumental in so many ways.

Essendon for Top 4 this year I reckon. It's a great mix of talent.

Well, good start so far, but I suspect Adelaide will overrun us like Richmond did Carlton.

Both sides have been appalling in front of goal tonight, but Essendon worse. That miss by Tipungwuti late in the half was painful.

Did that just happen? Did that really just happen?!

Holy shit, we were cooked in the third. That was sensational.

I can't believe we could turn it on like that after coughing and spluttering up to that point

I'm far too accustomed to final quarter fades. I thought we were about to lose by about forty.

Also, is Roaming Brian the worst thing to ever happen in the history of football coverage?

Multiple people burned him tonight, at least. I can't believe I actually watched it, but he just kept getting owned so I didn't switch off.

Not a lot of upsets this round, but my eyes did bug out a bit seeing the Roos only put up 39 on the Suns.

That was the conditions. There was tropical cyclone nearby so it was pissing with rain.

This is a real photo.

[tweet]977482273439166465[/tweet]

I can't believe somebody was dumb enough to schedule a game in Cairns during the wet season. I can't believe it went ahead. And most of all I can't believe 3,722 people in rugby league heartland still turned up!

Though I wonder, is that the lowest crowd of the AFL era?

Back
Top Bottom