The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's easy to forgot that that happened. What a shock that was. Remarkable clip he linked to showing the aftermath of Adelaide's first game without him.

Adelaide are the best team in the competition and I'd be more than happy for them to win it, and would enjoy watching them slaughter West Sydney, if that were to happen. Of course there is a small matter of Preliminary Final today to deal with first, but they are a thoroughly well deserved Grand Finalist, and staggering to think that is has been almost two decades since their last Grand Final. They have had some impressive seasons/players since.

Nervousness has been setting in these past 24 hours. Just waiting for the bounce to happen already. Can't wait, beautiful day for it as well.

I can't imagine a more one-sided game crowd-wise. It could very well be 96,000 Richmond supporters outnumbering a mere few hundred GWS fans. It's going to be quite something.

Rucci's declared us a formality for the premiership and some folks are falling over themselves to declare the Adelaide media as arrogant when this is such a typical snide Rucci act. :lol:

I'm nervous about the Tiges and they're not even my team - I can't imagine how you feel today, inte. I think I saw an estimate of about 3,000 GWS fans in attendance today? However many there are, you're never going to hear them over the din of the Richmond fans.

I'm just glad that, with three teams left, I wouldn't begrudge any of them a premiership. We could have a first-time premier, or the end of a 37-year drought for a team that has been through the wringer in the meantime, or an excellent team claiming just their third flag after a 19-year absence from the last dance (and it would be the first South Australian flag in over a decade, the second-longest gap for a state behind Queensland).

I just wish it was an evening game, to avoid it clashing with the crucial early hours of the New Zealand election count, or the U2 concert I committed to covering!

Every team except Adelaide, Richmond and the expansion clubs have played in a grand final since 1999.

Not too nervous, obviously hope the Tigers get up, but I reckon most Tigs fans would have taken a prelim had you suggested that to them in pre-season.

Holy fuck what a start for Richmond! Love it.

But please let this game at least be enjoyable to watch. I'm passing on seeing Mermaidens to follow this and the NZ election. (I get to see them next week in Melbourne anyway, but I fucking love their new album and like to show support to bands coming through Wollongong.)

Great spectacle after those first two minutes, Giants have settled things nicely. Arm wrestle now.

That the Giants had given up 10 seconds in. :lol: Then only mere seconds later a goal to Himmelberg.

We're almost at half time and still feels like both teams are nervy. Still plenty of poor errors by foot, poor decision making overall. Prior to Rioli's great goal Richmond fluffed a number of gettable shots.

Listen to that crowd. What a noise. Have no idea how any of the players can hear each other, or the umpires.

At least we've had a corker of a half. About time.

What a goal by Daniel Rioli. Where's Bruce? Does he think this Rioli is as delicious as Cyril?

Back
Top Bottom