The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like it was a nailbiter of a finish. We've got Dees vs Dogs on telly here instead and that's going about as expected so far.

And I'm hardly shocked Carlton are starting to come together given Bolton's now the coach. It seems he actually knows what he's doing unlike Mick.

There are some truly terrible teams in the competition this year that really shouldn't be. Gold Coast, Fremantle and Richmond (in spite of the glorious win on Saturday night).

I like to think that StK are much better than they were on Sunday. Just a blip, which will happen from time to time. Otherwise, they have been developing quite nicely)

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Yeah just an aberration for the Saints I reckon. Happens regularly. We've seen it with Essendon; four points in a half then comfortably won the second half.

That Richmond-Sydney game was fantastic. Amazing ending.

I tipped Carlton, and am now first in work tipping :dancing:

There is nothing fundamentally wrong with recruiting mature-age players. Hawthorn have exemplified how recruiting mature-age players can reap massive results.

We recruited some of these players for list depth, which I think is reasonable. Hampson, Stephenson, Thomas, Hunt and Knights fit this mould. Knights career was cruelly ruined by injury, had high hopes for him.

Some have been quite successful, Grigg, Miles and Houli.

I think the problem at Richmond lies with our game plan. We have a terrific spine of players there. Highly dependable role-players (Deledio, Edwards, Maric, Vlaustin) and some genuine superstars (Rance, Martin). But when we get the ball, we have no sense of purpose. It's a random cavalcade of trying to work the ball forward, but no one knows where they fit in to the game plan so it just gets eventually turned over somewhere between the 50-metre lines.

I personally think Hardwick's time is up. He's proven himself as a ground-up list builder, but not a match-day tactician or appears capable of instilling composure into the team when it counts.

Our list is pushing on, I'd be curious to see if Ross Lyon could work some magic into this side within a maximum three-year contract. We've finished 5th twice in the past few seasons and we've normally beaten the elite Hawthorn, Fremantle and Sydney sides of the past few years. I just want to see us make a grand final.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I think your issue is a severe lack of depth. When good players are out, the players coming in can't cut it. When good players aren't playing well, there's not enough support from surrounding players.

Brought in a former captain who is barely SANFL standard these days for literally no reason - just so everyone can see him show off how big his turning circle is and turnover the ball under the slightest bit of pressure.

What is with Collingwood not being garbage right now. I'm most confused.

Ah well at least we get to enjoy Carlton being shit this week.

SarcasticObeseBluejay.gif

How many weeks? Left Gaff concussed.

I don't remember Cobbler talking about him, I'm guessing somewhere sometime he was adamant Cox wasn't going to make it and now he's copping it because it turns out he's become a good contributor for the Pies?

Maybe it's like when BT said Mike Pyke was the worst player in the AFL and then that came back to bite him. :lol:

When I watched him debut against Essendon I just thought he looks so slow and gangly. Couple that with being American and surely he couldn't make it. Once he played against a team that isn't shit he'd get found out. But he's proving me wrong.

It's hilarious he's keeping Trav Cloke out of a job though.

This made me think of you, Vlad:

Now Crows fans will argue the AFL umpiring conspiracy against them has been a big part of their problems but no one cares about them enough to go to the trouble of a conspiracy.

That’s the problem with conspiracies, they’re a massive pain to organise. I mean, try organising a group of people to choose where to order take away from, now imagine you have to also do that in secret and other people are trying to find out.

A nightmare. That’s why conspiracies are almost never true, because people are awful. It shouldn’t be ‘herding cats’ it should be ‘dealing with people’.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

I think Titus lost a bit of his appeal to me after Channel 7 got a bloke to read out his match previews on Sunday afternoons before the televised game.

Still baffled there's been no comment on here on Jonas' 6 week suspension. That act was pretty terrible.

Back
Top Bottom