The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The other thing about the women's game is that because it's a little less developed than the men's game - all these people who complain about footy not being what it used to be should tune into the women's game, because it's how the men's game was being played 20-30 years ago - full forwards vs full backs, midfielders who'll burst out of the middle, ruckwomen being super influential.

Watch Moana Hope - she will kick a bag every week for the Pies

Some credit has to go to the AFL too. All the people I spoke with said 2020 was their hope for a national league; that we've got one for 2017 is awesome.

I don't know, compared to cricket and soccer the AFL seems like a bit of a johnny-come-lately to me.

all these people who complain about footy not being what it used to be should tune into the women's game, because it's how the men's game was being played 20-30 years ago

The sad part is that these are the same wankers who'd watch the women's game, proclaim the players are all shit and talentless, and immediately dismiss it. They're whingers who are never happy, and in 20 years will moan that footy isn't like it was in those glory days of 2016.

I would definitely take the less sympathetic view of his childishness - that he is simply an unpleasant, immature, self-absorbed person, the latest in Australia's production line of poorly behaved tennis stars, who has never even had the incentive to behave like a sensible, mature adult.

The thing about Kyrgios is that he's into his 20s and he still does the sort of shit on court that the vast majority of tennis players would have ceased doing by 15-16 years old. I was hardly an example of a cool head back when I used to play but I don't remember completely giving up on a point like he does past the age of 14/15.

I think it's a staggering indictment on Australian sportsmen that they were able to produce someone even more petulant than Tomic and for him to arrive only a handful of years after Tomic did.

Sam Mitchell, four-time premiership player, 300+ gamer, former captain of the Hawthorn Football Club, was just traded to West Coast for pick 88.

He's more or less retired, from Mitchell's perspective, hasn't he?

He's surely not playing for premierships at West Coast, he's signalling his intention to be taken seriously as a career coach.

What are the West Coast trying to gain from it? Just another good midfielder for a year or two?

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Rockliff may be one of Brisbane's better players but good grief that's not saying much. I don't like seeing the Lions this bad and I hope they pick up some decent talent this off-season.

Sam Mitchell, four-time premiership player, 300+ gamer, former captain of the Hawthorn Football Club, was just traded to West Coast for pick 88.

Going to laugh if Hawthorn don't even use pick 88.

I think clubs view Rockliff as damaged goods. Maybe it ends up that he has to stay at Brisbane by necessity and under Fagan rediscovers his best.

He's more or less retired, from Mitchell's perspective, hasn't he?

He's surely not playing for premierships at West Coast, he's signalling his intention to be taken seriously as a career coach.

What are the West Coast trying to gain from it? Just another good midfielder for a year or two?

You're way off! He may be 34 but he's just won his fifth club b&f. Polled 16 Brownlow votes. And he would absolutely be a star for Hawthorn next year.

He's not playing for premierships (although West Coast certainly aren't out of 2017 contention) but I see it as a smart, pragmatic life move. He gets to know the club and players for one or two years on field before settling into an assistant coach role.

West Coast get a champion midfielder in terrific form who'll become a great assistant coach. Hawks relieve salary cap pressure. It's win-win-win.

Rockliff may be one of Brisbane's better players but good grief that's not saying much. I don't like seeing the Lions this bad and I hope they pick up some decent talent this off-season.

He's close to an A-grader and is a pretty consistent performer. Worth a first rounder at the very least. My post alluded to certain issues regarding him that seem to suggest that no club seems to want him despite Brisbane shopping him around.

You're way off! He may be 34 but he's just won his fifth club b&f. Polled 16 Brownlow votes. And he would absolutely be a star for Hawthorn next year.

He's not playing for premierships (although West Coast certainly aren't out of 2017 contention) but I see it as a smart, pragmatic life move. He gets to know the club and players for one or two years on field before settling into an assistant coach role.

West Coast get a champion midfielder in terrific form who'll become a great assistant coach. Hawks relieve salary cap pressure. It's win-win-win.

He's an absolute gun. No question. Tons of ability and super form. And definitely a smart decision for him and Hawthorn. I just wonder about his on-field drive to succeed as a footballer... and whether this might be of concern for West Coast. We'll see.

I'm much more interested in the Jordan Lewis stuff. Hawthorn are really fucking up if they say goodbye to him

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I really wish AFL.com.au would stop citing Rucci as a source. It's astounding how hostile he's been to the Crows in this Trade Period and also how he pulls contradictory shit out of his ass constantly.

So, uh, North picked up a guy who got drafted by GWS at no. 7 in 2014 ... for pick 69. He had/has two knee recos, but still!

This is a very strange trade season indeed. What's the next bargain? Sydney decides it's time for Buddy to move on to Brisbane and accepts a literal pack of steak knives in return?

I reckon we're a few seasons away from that becoming not a joke but reality. I reckon management people will be starting to talk like "yes, we could win a flag by 2019 ... but it is not a guarantee and we are better off trading Zach Merrett away now and focus on being in a strong position in 2027"

One of the other strange things in this Trade Period is how some AFL players are being 'shopped' around but with no result. Seemingly little interest in Hartlett, Lobbe, Motlop, Rockliff and so on ...

Everyone is wary of Motlop because the difference between his best and worst is cavernous and he is terribly inconsistent. Personally I hope we keep him because he can win games on his own, maybe just needs his peers to tell him to pull his socks up a bit.

Boomer has finalised his 2017... North Heidelberg, div 2 of the Northern Football League, third best metro league in the state. ?

I would have liked Motlop at Richmond - gosh, he can be good.

It's only 11:30 and it has been a fucking insane day. Jordan Lewis is a fucking Melbourne Demon, and all they gave up was PICKS 48 AND 66.

I hope Essendon snags O'Meara from under the Hawks' nose. I am fucking love the schadenfreude.

What the actual fuck. I'm seriously confused why Hawthorn aren't trying to at least get a bit more for these superstars. It's one thing to be willing to move them on and not insist upon receiving something equal in return, but both the Eagles and the Dees would have surely been quite happy to give up some random fringe player - who may turn out to be brilliant at the Hawks, especially given their track record of getting much more out of players than previous clubs were able.

After three premierships I think they can afford to take massive risks like these, the membership would understand I think.

So arguably the most straightforward deal of this TP, Hibberd to Melbourne, finally gets done. :lol: Essendon get picks 29 and 68.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I hate this.

Did the AFL seriously allow Geelong to use a future round first pick (they were out of allocations?) to get Tuohy? Fuck's sake, this pathetic organisation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom