The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently there's a very strong breeze. This is Hobart after all.

Melbourne are winning after being down by 6 goals at QT. :laugh:

North scored the first seven goals of the game and are now seven points down at half time. :lmao:

Can't wait for them to score ten goals with the breeze in the third though. Then for Melbourne to come surging back in the last, only for the breeze to die on them with five minutes to go because the universe hates the Dees.

Scores level in Hobart. Will North achieve the ultimate choke or get out of jail?

Meanwhile the Dogs really ought to have kicked a goal by now. You can't fritter away chances against Hawthorn.

Who would've expected North vs Melbourne to be a classic that'd come down to the wire.

And thank god the Doggies have finally figured out where the goal is.

The Doggies are fucking good.

Too bad nobody in here supports them. I'll just have to be happy for Aussie strangers.

Last edited:
What an absolute fucking cracker of a game. Doggies would've won if they hadn't blown a couple of sitters, but the Hawks showed their class to hold on right to the end. Those last five minutes were insane.

Really, really hope Bob Murphy's injury isn't serious.

The Doggies are fucking good.

Too bad nobody in here supports them. I'll just have to be happy for Aussie strangers.

You and I both blew our opportunities to be on that bandwagon.

Just think back to Stringers attemped pass in the 3rd that went onto hit the post, could have given the dogs enough momentum to get further infront, but bloody Hawthorn.

Shit, that's horrible news. I've been so busy with MICF I haven't caught up with it. Really fucking sucks, actually. Never heard anyone say a bad word about him.

Still, the Dogs are the real deal. So exciting and wish I'd been able to watch that game and the Norf/Dees game yesterday. Melbourne play like that last week and they'd be 2-1.

So, Port have made a deal (?) to play a game in China from next season. Turnbull was there too.

I think Melbourne played a NAB Cup game several years ago, but it seems like Port are hitting this at full volume.

What, broadcasting their game against Essendon into China hasn't permanently put the Chinese off footy?

You know what would suck?

I don't even need to finish this post.

I love Richmond so much so I'm very upset with how they've started this season. At 1-3 it's a write-off and Hardwick has had so much rope. I wonder when the moment of realisation will come for Richmond fans, that they are going to face another few years of mediocrity before being able to challenge again.

Steven May surely gone for a month minimum after knocking Stefan Martin out.

Essendon didn't have the legs to run out today's game, but nice to see us play three really solid quarters and take the game to a quality team. Geelong had to work hard for that win.

And wow Brisbane 4.15 at half time. :lol:

They're really going for it in the third though... didn't expect this game to be competitive.

Oh and how the fuck did St Kilda run Hawthorn so close? Would've loved to have seen that game.

Brisbane got to 1 win first. Locks us in for that glorious wooden spoon.

Last edited:
Port were awful today. Too much concentration on deals with China rather than playing solid football.

I can't believe Port went down so hard. My god.

And I'm glad this Melbourne didn't turn up in round 2!

Back
Top Bottom