The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you 16 yet? I didn't really drink at all till this one night when I was 16 and I got absolutely monched. Now I'm 20 and I drink most weekends! Good fun!

I've drunk since I was very little. The worst drinkers (and those who do serious damage to their health) are normally those who wait until they're 18 (or forced by uptight parents to wait) for their first drink. They can't handle it, they don't know how to handle it, and they end up doing stupid things.

Most alcohol in moderation is perfectly OK for you (we all should know about red wine's health benefits, for example), and if you've grown up on it and had a healthy upbringing, you'll handle it well and know your limits.

:lol: Are you serious!

Probably not.

Are you 16 yet? I didn't really drink at all till this one night when I was 16 and I got absolutely monched. Now I'm 20 and I drink most weekends! Good fun!

I'm 16 now, I just don't have any desire to drink. :shrug: Because I'm not one of them cool kids, I guess.

I've drunk since I was very little. The worst drinkers (and those who do serious damage to their health) are normally those who wait until they're 18 (or forced by uptight parents to wait) for their first drink. They can't handle it, they don't know how to handle it, and they end up doing stupid things.

Most alcohol in moderation is perfectly OK for you (we all should know about red wine's health benefits, for example), and if you've grown up on it and had a healthy upbringing, you'll handle it well and know your limits.

I don't know and I frankly don't give a shit. I didn't come into this thread to talk about alcohol.

Now there's also the problem of me simply being too insane when sober to ever need a drink.

Why are we talking about the alc and how uncool I am?

This footy thread, damnit.

All your fault Cobbler, all your fault. :angry:

:sigh:

There's a Russian store just outside the CBD where many Russian products (including kvass) are sold.

It's somewhat expensive from what I've heard, but worthwhile.

Why are we talking about the alc and how uncool I am?

This footy thread, damnit.

All your fault Cobbler, all your fault. :angry:

:sigh:

Because you're so uptight about it and seem to look down on anybody who enjoys a drop of nice drinks as if they're some uncouth bogan?

You sometimes make some fairly condescending posts when anybody mentions alcohol, y'know. Maybe you don't mean it, but they come across that way.

They do? I can understand that. I agree that my posts did seem to come off on a different course to what I was really thinking.

I think sometimes it's your selection of smileys, but that can be a minefield sometimes anyway. Especially with our friend :happy:, though I never quite understood why people would use that seriously because it looks pretty damn sarcastic to me!

Anyway, the footy? Less than a week's time, we'll have our footy back, huzzah.

FRI-EEE-DAY FRI-EEE-DAY ...

Will be delayed on CH7. :| As usual.

In other news, I do not know for the life of me who is going to win out of us or Hawthorn. Tipster's nightmare.

Axver said:
You sometimes make some fairly condescending posts when anybody mentions alcohol, y'know. Maybe you don't mean it, but they come across that way.

Gotta agree with this. Whenever I'm drunk and make a stupid post, or talk about drinking or drugs in a post, you generally reply condescendingly. Just watch your words I spose :)

Footy footy footy

Very first game of the season won't be a contest though.

Oh yeah, that's a given.

Hey AFL, y u no GF rematch?

Gotta agree with this. Whenever I'm drunk and make a stupid post, or talk about drinking or drugs in a post, you generally reply condescendingly. Just watch your words I spose :)

In reality, it's meant to go off jokingly.

Okay this year I'm going to try and run the tips all the way through the year! Hopefully inte, Anna, and any others who want to compete see this!

Carlton vs Richmond
Geelong vs St Kilda
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Brisbane vs Fremantle - no one expects Brisbane to do well, but surely they won't drop this
Essendon vs Western Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Sydney
West Coast vs North Melbourne - tough one!

eight points if you tip the bye, if you forget your tips you get the away teams.

for shits & gigs:

Collingwood
St Kilda
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Carlton
North Melbourne

Sydney
Adelaide
Melbourne
Essendon
Richmond
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
West Coast
Gold Coast

Brownlow - Joel Selwood
Coleman - Big Bad Bustling
Premier - hard to go past them unfortunately :(
Norm Smith - Alan Didak

Will Fevolution make it back to AFL? No. I think he's more mentally unstable than Cuz.

VFL premier - Williamstown (finally!!)

also, a mate of mine is a journo/sub-editor/etc, and runs this website - http://www.footballnation.com.au/ - where i'll be doing previews of the round to come each week, so check them out if you wish :)

Carlton vs Richmond
Geelong vs St Kilda
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide
Adelaide vs Hawthorn
Brisbane vs Fremantle
Essendon vs Western Bulldogs
Melbourne vs Sydney
West Coast
vs North Melbourne

Barry Hall for Coleman? Big call.

i don't think the winner will kick that many this year. Barry will get a lot of supply, Hardwick has said he doesn't want Jack kicking 80, and with midfielders having to rest in the forward line because of this stupid sub rule, i think he'll get up.

also, i'd love to see the finals revert to a top six next year, though it's looking increasingly likely to be a top ten :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom