The 2011 AFL Thread: *insert desired expletives here*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope bloody Carlton don't get pick 14 in exchange for Sauce Jacobs.

Crows offered a low pick for Tambling

Good ol' EvE nightclub, of course. Even I almost got raped there once..

Ken Hinkley to succeed Thompson perhaps?

LOL

i've been told off several times for walking into areas to have a quick sit down or something because they're apparently for vips.

i think it'll be Sanderson but it don't bother me.,

Yeah, can't believe we're very likely to get Tambling (Bock compo pick). He needs a change, badly.

First trade to go through is Veszpremi and pick #73 to the Bulldogs and Everitt to Sydney.

I'm not all that disappointed that Tambling is exiting the club, but would have preferred maybe a disillusioned Crow in return. I'm all for rebuilding our list, and Hardwick has done a splendid job in '10, but our list is just so raw!!!

By the way ...

Psst, Bomber, y'know you want to come back to Windy Hill. Go on go on go on go on go on go on. I know you won't, buuut ...

The hill is probably too windy for him.

Right now it's a bit too bloody windy for most people!

I, of course, think it's just a mild breeze. I'm thinking of having a barbecue. /wellingtonian

With that wind? Spare a thought for the lamb chops that will be flying around the place.

Frank Costa said if he goes to Essendon within the year he will not be looked upon favourably.

I'm not all that disappointed that Tambling is exiting the club, but would have preferred maybe a disillusioned Crow in return. I'm all for rebuilding our list, and Hardwick has done a splendid job in '10, but our list is just so raw!!!

true that. i still don't reckon you're much chance of winning more than seven or eight games next year.

Tambling is officially a Crow. Only qualm with this is that we had to give away our third rounder as well. At this rate we'll have no draft picks. :wink:

if only the GC had someone to kick to...

Karmichael+Hunt+Announces+Switch+AFL+J0Yii-1ExU1l.jpg

:lol:

Carlton traded Shaun Grigg to Richmond for Andrew Collins.

Can't believe that Richmond gave up such a promising, young talent.

i can't believe West Coast only got pick 85 for McKinley.

Very disappointed - he may not quite be LeCras or Kennedy standard, but he was a solid and reliable performer for the most part. He just had a bad year. Hopefully we'll clean up for the rest of our trades.

can we dedicate this thread today to Bathurst?

fucking unbelievable crash at the chase on lap 1.

Was wondering if you were around today or if you'd gone to Mt Panorama.

As I said elsewhere, Bathurst may not be quite what it used to be, but it can still deliver a spectacular crash on lap one. Now looks like the weather's turning bad - hell yes. Bring it on!

Ew, just noticed one of the cars has the Magpies logo on it. Didn't see which car though.

Luke Youlden just hit the wall on the climb. Holdsworth & Besnard look like they've got it sown up.

Was wondering if you were around today or if you'd gone to Mt Panorama.

As I said elsewhere, Bathurst may not be quite what it used to be, but it can still deliver a spectacular crash on lap one. Now looks like the weather's turning bad - hell yes. Bring it on!
this is the i think third or fourth year in a row i haven't been to Bathurst... planning to go up with mates next year. in lieu of the Denny ute muster.

just on that - what exactly do you mean? are you talking about the actual cars, how they're not really Holdens or Fords, has the improvement of the cars been detrimental to the race in your view? it's an interesting point you make...

Ew, just noticed one of the cars has the Magpies logo on it. Didn't see which car though.

:down:

just on that - what exactly do you mean? are you talking about the actual cars, how they're not really Holdens or Fords, has the improvement of the cars been detrimental to the race in your view? it's an interesting point you make...

I think we've discussed before that I miss the days when there were more manufacturers and multiple classes. I can understand removing multiple classes, since the slower cars could be said to clog up the track, but we really need more manufacturers.

Beyond that, I feel like every year, Bathurst looks more and more like any old race circuit rather than a regular road, so I feel like it's lost some charm there. And I may be old enough to remember Bathursts with multiple manufacturers/classes, but I wish I were old enough to have seen the races when the cars were little more than basically off the showroom floor.

It's still the Great Race to me, no question about that, but I'd at least like it to have a bit more flavour than it currently does.

After such an exciting start, today's proceedings haven't really been that exciting, except for the battle between Lowndes and Holdsworth (or was it Besnard in the car when Lowndes finally got past? Forgotten now) and Youlden's encounter with the wall. This won't exactly go down as the most dramatic or topsy-turvy Bathurst in history unless some crazy shit goes down soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom